Any guesses as to what these are (gov. surplus laptops)

the first pic the one on the left is a dell the right I think might be acer - but I'd expect all to have hard drives and even memory removed due to security regulations. I certainly do not expect any of them to be in great condition (if people abuse their corporate laptops, imagine what bureaucrats do...) nor do I expect you to get your $$$ out of this auction as they are over priced - and I expect these to be old lappys that were from the lowest bidder...
this would be ok at best for someone who owns a repair shop...

Huh, I never knew about this site. Too bad there's nothing good near me. Its the shipping that kills me.

HvyMtl said:
they are over priced

You do realize that bidding starts at $35 for the PALLET, right? And hard drives are always removed, but it doesn't say anything about memory.

Hmm, now that you mention memory, if these are new enough to use standard SODIMMs, that might be enough to be worth the trip.

On the other hand, I could pick up a Mobile Command Center not much further away...

Theres a local place by me that does this. They auction stuff off by the pallet, and if your lucky, you can score some decent stuff.

Maybe I should bid $35 on the 2 1/2 ton deisel truck up here. :D
Keep looking around.............theres some nice lappies going out of VA. A Pentium3 Ibm or something wouldnt be bad if you can get it cheap..........even shipping it UPS cant be too bad....I dont know where you are, but its $50 from VA to MA.

Monkey34 said:
Maybe I should bid $35 on the 2 1/2 ton deisel truck up here. :D
Keep looking around.............theres some nice lappies going out of VA. A Pentium3 Ibm or something wouldnt be bad if you can get it cheap..........even shipping it UPS cant be too bad....I dont know where you are, but its $50 from VA to MA.

Shipping the items requires you to get a third party to pick up the items, pack them up, and then ship them to you.
My friend has been buying and selling from these govt. liquidation auctions for about 10 years now. Sometimes I make the trips up to Ft Meade, Camp Lajeune, and other places that aren't too far.

It's risky buying stuff from the auctions if you can't afford to lose the money if the stuff can't be fixed economically.

HvyMtl said:
the first pic the one on the left is a dell the right I think might be acer - but I'd expect all to have hard drives and even memory removed due to security regulations. I certainly do not expect any of them to be in great condition (if people abuse their corporate laptops, imagine what bureaucrats do...) nor do I expect you to get your $$$ out of this auction as they are over priced - and I expect these to be old lappys that were from the lowest bidder...
this would be ok at best for someone who owns a repair shop...
in the picture i see, the one on hte left is an IBM, it doesnt even look like a dell...

the one on teh right is a gateway - solo 9100 specifically( i think, it looks a LOT like mine). max it came in was a p2 333 i believe.. it might have been 300 or 266 though

20. 7025 702500LSN0000 1 EA F7 $4,299.00 LAPTOP

Well, it looks like that one might be worth the price for the entire lot ;)

Back