Antec TruePOWER Quattro 1000 for 90 bucks!

Zardoz

2[H]4U
Hey guys, Just picked up me a Antec TruePOWER Quattro 1000 for 90 bucks at compUSA close out. it was a great deal and so far very happy with it, I know for my system it's a litlle overkill, but hey this is the [H] :D

This power supply does have some new features that my old supply did not have and are very welcome to me.

just dont buy any 8800 series cards, for some reason the quattro series doesnt power the cards. i found that out after buying a 850 quattro for my 8800gts (G92) still waiting on an answer from antec if they will help me out or not

Hey if you could post up a receipt that would be awesome. I want to be able to price match thru my store. I also do have a G92 :( but hey for 100 bucks thats a steal.

Hey if you could post up a receipt that would be awesome. I want to be able to price match thru my store. I also do have a G92 :( but hey for 100 bucks thats a steal.

Most places won't price match going out of business sales. . .

Very true most places wont match out of bussiness sales HOWEVER when you are their lead tech and #1 sales rep. I am sure my managers will allow it.

just dont buy any 8800 series cards, for some reason the quattro series doesnt power the cards. i found that out after buying a 850 quattro for my 8800gts (G92) still waiting on an answer from antec if they will help me out or not

I find that very odd, both of the supply's are SLI certified by Nvida. for GeForce 8800 GTX, GTS, GT and 7950 GX2. I say somthing was wrong with your supply or user error.

I find that very odd, both of the supply's are SLI certified by Nvida. for GeForce 8800 GTX, GTS, GT and 7950 GX2. I say somthing was wrong with your supply or user error.

<Deleted Flaming/Namecalling-Paul Johnson> Direct from antec support

Comment: Antec’s TruePower Quattro power supplies, the TPQ-850 and TPQ-1000 have way more than enough power to run an 8800 graphics card and are SLI certified by NVIDIA. The actual issue with the graphics card and System Sentinel is a communication issue. The Supply has plenty of power, but the card is not handling it properly.

This problem is not only with the Antec supply. Other brands of power supply are having these issues as well. There have been reports of power supplies from Corsair, ThermalTake, Enermax, Rosewill, OCZ, XCLIO, and Silverstone not working with these cards as well.

Nvidia SLI certified our power supply to work with the cards. Months after the launch of their card we started to have problems with the 8800GTX and the Quattro supplies. We implemented a fix at this time because we were the only company with the issue. This fix worked for any user having the 8800GTX issue.

Then Nvidia released the (G92) core series of graphics cards GTS/GT. These cards sometimes do not work with either the original or fixed version of our power supply. We have been researching the issue, and Nvidia has been testing this issue in their labs. The problem appears to be a hardware interaction. With the right (wrong?) motherboard/graphics card/PSU, this issue occurs. It seems that a bios fix/flash is going to be the final solution, but we don’t have any definite answers at this time.

Infamus there is no reason to flame or call names.

So rather than delete you entire post I edited it since the remaining information is correct.

omg. . . That's a great deal. . . I got my TPQ850 for more than what you paid for your TPQ1000 *cry*

Good deal. I haven't seen any compusa's in socal, since fry's opened.

I think that's what happened here. The CompUSA near me closed down. Now the nearest CompUSA is an hour drive away. Kinda sucks since I wanted to get some good deals.

Back