Antec Neowin 380w and 480w about to debut

O2Flow

Limp Gawd
Finally......one of the best brands out there jumps on the cable-less PSU bandwagon :D

http://www.antec.com/us/pro_details_powerSupply.php?ProdID=24480#

Manual here:

http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/Neopower_EN_Manual.pdf

Coupla cool new features:

- Universal input automatically accepts line voltages from 100V to 240V AC
- Includes special power connector for PCI Express graphic cards
- *Optional Aux Power Connector w/cables (48 cm long) is available through
Antec customer service. Call for availability.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^They dropped the AUX connector FINALLY :)
- Extra Right Angle IDC Molex and SATA power connections (2 of each kind)
- 24pin ATX connector (wouldn't say this is "cool" since many boards dont take 24pin yet...they include a standard 24-20pin adaptor though)

This is one of the few PSU's out there right now that supports ATX12v 2.0 too

I thought it would take FOREVER, and it did. Good to see Antec step up once again and provide users with functionality and stability.

On a side note, as of right now there are only 2 totally cable-less PSUs out right now, and this is the only one that supports PCI Express. Antec may have not been the first but compared to the the other offering, this beats the pants off it!
(Hah Ultra didn't even include SATA power cables with theirs!)

Can't wait till I get my hand up this PSU's skirt :eek:

thanx, weve seen it before, but no one else actually linked the manual :p
which last time I checked wasnt up ;)

Id like to take this opportunity to point out some of the strengths this PSU has

1st This is actually a ATX12V v2.0 compliant PSU with dual +12V rails
+12V1 @ 18A & +12V2 @ 15A, a very strong entrant to the field

2nd It has both 24 pin and 20 pin main connectors to choose from or more accurately it has a converter to the 20 pin,
it also has the old 6 pin aux so its very backward compatible, and the requisite 4 pin +12V aux

3rd It has a 6 pin PCI Express Video Card connector and plenty of SATA connectors, and quite alot of lattitude in configuration

4th it has the same Line regulation we have come to expect for the TruePower line
at ±3% on the +3.3V, +5V, +12V1 & +12V2 lines, to better that youd need to head to PCP&C territory (and in tests actually seems to be more like 1% with others in the Truepower line)

I expect to be recommending this supply quite a bit as its a true futureproofing solution that is also backward compatible ;)

Just in case no one had noticed, Newegg is selling this unit with a $30 instant rebate right now ($119.95 after) and NCIX in Canada is selling at a pretty reasonable price as well (though not in stock yet) of $164.95CDN which is approx. $125US.

Ice Czar said:
....Id like to take this opportunity to point out some of the strengths this PSU has

1st
it also has the old 6 pin aux so its very backward compatible

4th it has the same Line regulation we have come to expect for the TruePower line
at ±3% on the +3.3V, +5V, +12V1 & +12V2 lines, to better that youd need to head to PCP&C territory (and in tests actually seems to be more like 1% with others in the Truepower line)

They have dropped it from this model (6-pin AUX that is) and it's about damn time. Who wants that connector when you could use the 3.3 for your new SATA drive ?
I mean the only ppl that will be complaining are Granite Bay users.

BTW, I would def stay AWAY from the PCP&C, they are having some design issues ATM (we have had 6 fail out of 30 so far :( )

hmmm...well not many would need the 6pin auxillary these days,
but I got that from the manual that you linked, so they just havent updated it?
I imagine that if it was actually needed it could probably be had.
Possibly as a special order?

re: the PCP&C, we talking Turbo Cools here?
What was the nature of the failure?

and mind if I ask who "we" is?

Ice Czar said:
hmmm...well not many would need the 6pin auxillary these days,
but I got that from the manual that you linked, so they just havent updated it?
I imagine that if it was actually needed it could probably be had.
Possibly as a special order?

re: the PCP&C, we talking Turbo Cools here?
What was the nature of the failure?

and mind if I ask who "we" is?

From the manual :

Note: If your motherboard requires a 6-pin AUX Power Connector, please contact
Antec Customer Service at (888) 54ANTEC (North America) or +31 (10) 462-
2060 (Europe) to purchase the optional AUX Power Connector.

And yes, I am talking about the Turbo Cools. Seems that since the cooling is regulated by load on the system, the fan is not spinning fast enough due to some user's system load being too low. This of course results in damage due to heat that is accumulated over ~20 hours? (kinda a guess, depends on about 174890327893 variables, lol). They have switched to a higher output Nidec, and it has solved the problem. Side effect is that the new numbers are something like 38dba? Wayyy too loud IMO.

PM me if you really wanna know who "We" is ;)

LOL not enough load :p
only with a Turbo Cool

well you had me worried for a second, but not too much of an issue with my rig
besides I have a 120mm "assist" upstream on mine (typical 4U midcase hotswap fan line)
and Ive also got it so its not exhausting the mobo area

but I'll make a note to spread the information, few around here are employing a PCP&C if they dont really need to

Ice Czar said:
LOL not enough load :p
only with a Turbo Cool

but I'll make a note to spread the information, few around here are employing a PCP&C if they dont really need to

yah that would be good to let others know. I dont post much or I would do it myself.

yea and waffles about the load. Only PCP&C would give themselves a headache by building over-spec, lol

Back