Antec is on a roll: P150

_Korruption_

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81500

Looks extremely promising. Integrated NeoHE "High-Efficiency" PSU at 430W (discussion here in the PSU forum), and most importantly, built in drive suspension system!!! For those who don't know, suspending a noisy hard drive, usually with rubber or elastic, can significantly reduce the amount of noise and vibration produced. Couple that with an Antec Tricool 120mm fan for exhaust (quiet), you should have a very well-rounded silent case for very little money.

Antec is on a roll!

wow that case is better looking then the p180!

oh well... I'm happy with the p180.

Looks kinda crap :confused: , like it belongs in a hospital or something. Suppose it would be good to mod but as a case i reckon it look poo man chu.

I like the exterior, very simple and clean. A lot of people say the P180 looks like a fridge... this looks more like a computer.

arggggggggg i though we were out of the beige phase... IMO that case is fugly... too plain... its got no style, reminds me of an ipod...

damn....only if the drive bays were protruded out a bit more it would look somewat decent and beige?? ugh comon! antec should start with a removable mobo tray and such internals then move on

I agree that the bays should be out a little more. Having them flush and covered to match the clean style of the rest of the case it would be better, but i like it the best of all the other antec's, it's nice.

damn....only if the drive bays were protruded out a bit more it would look somewat decent and beige??
Beige 0.o, looks pretty silver to me.

ThirtySixBelow said:
I agree that the bays should be out a little more. Having them flush and covered to match the clean style of the rest of the case it would be better, but i like it the best of all the other antec's, it's nice.

Beige 0.o, looks pretty silver to me.
Looks white.
I love how people are like "omg it's not black it suxxorzzz!!!"
Get over it. It's like complaining that a lincoln doesn't look as cool as a corvette. This case was made to be elegant, not hawt.

I think I will get this case if I decide to built my newark system back up again.

p180 and p150 synergy.

Yashu said:
I think I will get this case if I decide to built my newark system back up again.

p180 and p150 synergy.
sweet....tell us how it goes

imho I don't like it. Would like to see some interior pics, and what people could mod it into.

Looks like they wanted to go the way of Lian Li...

Between the P180 for systems that stay put, and the Super LANboy for systems that move around a lot, I just don't see where this fits in.

And it's ugly.

The P180 is a case that's classy, conservative, and professional-looking.

The P150, although it seems like it'll have a number of good features in the performance area, looks like a beige nightmare from the nineties. Why, Antec, WHY?! :confused:

wow what a weird direction to step in Antec.... i love no front intake :p

pincho said:
wow what a weird direction to step in Antec.... i love no front intake :p

I'm all for the clean look but COMEON that is TOO clean

Take a note from silverstone for god sakes

IMHO these companies are so stupid .. why don't they do focus groups or something .. or just read the freakin forums.

Bottom Line = Fugly Step Backwards

Hey I think it has a lot of potential... and who knows, they will probably make it in black too.

Not having a front intake however... thats a bit of a problem, and it would be cool to see some more pictures, but I'm a fan of its minimalist stylings. Y'all can keep your thermaltake xasers :p

GotNoRice said:
Between the P180 for systems that stay put, and the Super LANboy for systems that move around a lot, I just don't see where this fits in.

And it's ugly.

Maybe it's supposed to be a smaller P180? Sheesh you people complain about the P180 being to big and when they come out and fulfill your wishes for a smaller P180 you complain some more.... Damn!

And it's not ugly, it's classy :p

FYI: The P150 is/will be also available with an aluminum finish.

I think this case looks alright but it would be better if it's in black. It better have two 120MM fan, one for exhaust and intake. Otherwise, it's a NO NO.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the people in here either just like to bitch, or just don't know what they want.

It's not beige, it's white. The trend these days is toward silver and white in consumer electronics, a la the ever-so-popular iPod.

It has drive covers so you don't have to worry about them matching. It would look awesome next to my Cinema Display and silver keyboard/mouse.

Also if you read the SPCR review it runs noticeably cooler than the Sonata and 3700BQE, and quieter at the same time. What more exactly could you ask for. Included cable management kicks ass, too..

Inside_finished_SPCR_0800.jpg

True the case is white, not beige.

I do like the hard drives on rubber bands. That is nice. I also think sliver is a great second color.

You really don't need an intake fan if your exit fan is doing its job. The air will be pulled through the case. It looks like Antec got that right.

HOWEVER...

Since the Silent PC review did not include temps with the machine and a high end graphics cards, I will reserve judgement on this case. Though I do like its look, I have an issue with the fact that no one is making all White DVD Burners to match this case, and since this case has the recessed front, you can't put a cover over the drive easily. I guess its mod the drives to stealth for this case.

Treyshadow said:
True the case is white, not beige.

I do like the hard drives on rubber bands. That is nice. I also think sliver is a great second color.

You really don't need an intake fan if your exit fan is doing its job. The air will be pulled through the case. It looks like Antec got that right.

HOWEVER...

Since the Silent PC review did not include temps with the machine and a high end graphics cards, I will reserve judgement on this case. Though I do like its look, I have an issue with the fact that no one is making all White DVD Burners to match this case, and since this case has the recessed front, you can't put a cover over the drive easily. I guess its mod the drives to stealth for this case.

WTF, So your telling me those Drive bay covers for the top two 5.25" slots are not "stealth bays". If they are not then what is.

Hopefully it's easier to build in than the P180. Took me 5 freakin' hours to put a computer together :eek: .

It looks to be a really well thought out case, if only it came in aluminum, with a removeable mobo tray, and it came out a year ago before I already bought my ax500 Bluestorm, I would have looked long and hard at the case and psu. For those who say the case looks plain or fugly, why don't you make it look good yourself by modding it. The case looks to be easy enough to paint and add a window without too much work, and you could easily make some nice ducting thanks to the two 92mm intake fans (duct the bottom one for the gpu, the top for the cpu), and the hard drive mounting system is great for silencing, as many silence f(reaks)anatics have known for years.

The only other real thing I see that could be improved is moving the hds down a bit or reduce their spacing a little, to fit another 3 or 5" external bay, but otherwise this looks like a great case for those who wanted the P180 for its silence but wanted something easier to manage wires in (it looks to be a piece of cake).

HighwayAssassins said:
I think the P180 is sexier :)
well duh it does cost a good amount more w/o a psu

ikellensbro said:
It looks to be a really well thought out case, if only it came in aluminum, with a removeable mobo tray, and it came out a year ago before I already bought my ax500 Bluestorm, I would have looked long and hard at the case and psu. For those who say the case looks plain or fugly, why don't you make it look good yourself by modding it. The case looks to be easy enough to paint and add a window without too much work, and you could easily make some nice ducting thanks to the two 92mm intake fans (duct the bottom one for the gpu, the top for the cpu), and the hard drive mounting system is great for silencing, as many silence f(reaks)anatics have known for years.

The only other real thing I see that could be improved is moving the hds down a bit or reduce their spacing a little, to fit another 3 or 5" external bay, but otherwise this looks like a great case for those who wanted the P180 for its silence but wanted something easier to manage wires in (it looks to be a piece of cake).
yeea i agree....antec needs to start making aluminum cases with removable mobo trays....wat amazes about this case is its intake thru lil vents and which help keep the temps down

N H O said:
well duh it does cost a good amount more w/o a psu

yeea i agree....antec needs to start making aluminum cases with removable mobo trays....wat amazes about this case is its intake thru lil vents and which help keep the temps down

They Already have a Aluminum Case like this its called the P160, I have it is great. It even has the removable mobo tray. The Problem is the P180 is a basically a revolutionary design in the sub $200 category and its design is meant as a noise reducing case with supreme cooling options. This is supossed to be the P180 with a normal case design. The fact that it has a cable hiding system in the back and has the suspention system is even cooler. The problem is an All aluminum case can't really be anywhere as silent as theses because the lower frame wieght (no matterial you use) means the its more flexible, if its flexible it resonates with the noise form the fans and HDDs amplifing the noise.

So while I agree I hope Antec Makes more Aluminum Lifestyle cases then just the P160, it won't be for a silent machine but because I think this line is shaping up wonderfully and would like to se where they wold go with another Aluminum case.

Topweasel said:
They Already have a Aluminum Case like this its called the P160, I have it is great. It even has the removable mobo tray. The Problem is the P180 is a basically a revolutionary design in the sub $200 category and its design is meant as a noise reducing case with supreme cooling options. This is supossed to be the P180 with a normal case design. The fact that it has a cable hiding system in the back and has the suspention system is even cooler. The problem is an All aluminum case can't really be anywhere as silent as theses because the lower frame wieght (no matterial you use) means the its more flexible, if its flexible it resonates with the noise form the fans and HDDs amplifing the noise.

So while I agree I hope Antec Makes more Aluminum Lifestyle cases then just the P160, it won't be for a silent machine but because I think this line is shaping up wonderfully and would like to se where they wold go with another Aluminum case.

Finally, someone with a clue.

wow people read the reviews.

1. WHITE case, blue power led
2. suspended hd
3. 2x92mm intake fans on the front that suck air from the front-side of the case to reduce noise
3. vinyl sound dampeners on the side panel to reduce noise/vibrations
4. very quiet psu, and quiet 120mm fan when set to low
5. steel door hinges, and stronger plastic for the front bezel

This is another one of those cases(like shuttle's sn25p)that look 10 times better in person than they do in the marketing material.

The P180 is too big. This P150 looks great but the lack of a front intake bewilders me, but im gonna grab one anyway the day it hits stores.

I emailed antec about a black version and all they said was 'We dont have access to that information at this time'

I like it, sounds like a great case. The SPCR people seemed to really like it.

How much?

Dillusion said:
The P180 is too big. This P150 looks great but the lack of a front intake bewilders me, but im gonna grab one anyway the day it hits stores.

There is a front intake, matter of fact, it is setup for two fans.

The 150, just like the 180, has a perforated grill around the sides of the front fascia, which works great. The front panel on the 150 is hinged, if you open it up, you'll find a removable filter, a removable fan tray!, and behind that, front access to the drive bays.

Yeah but it doesnt come with a fan from antec. and its 92mm, kinda weird IMHO

Back