another oblivion thread...sorry

does this game support widescreen monitors, I have the gateway 2185, am I going to play at the native res? also this game is running well on the 1900xt cards correct? will my rig in my sig run well?

Yes it does. I'm running it very well at 1680x1050 on my 1900xtx.

thanks, I have been contemplating getting this game since its release but I cant make up my mind, I am not much of an RPG typs gamer...is it like WOW, I didnt like that game all to much.

Its not at all like WoW. Major difference is that its first person. The environment is completely different and not cartoony in any way, like WoW is.

I was never an RPG fan, and didn't play Morrowind at all, but Oblivion is sucking up every bit of free time that I have.

carl67lp said:
I was never an RPG fan, and didn't play Morrowind at all, but Oblivion is sucking up every bit of free time that I have.

QFT and I even skipped work 2 times to play it :p

Xilikon said:
QFT and I even skipped work 2 times to play it :p

Ouch. :) I will say that I've lost sleep because of the game. Just the other night, in fact, I said, "I'll just finish this quest and do a bit of Destruction leveling-up and hit the sack." What I thought was ten minutes later turned into an entire hour. :eek:

Fons said:
The WoW Sucks Oblivion Rules is a comparison

If you want to parse words, then yes; that statement is a comparison. To call anything "bad" or anything else "good" requires a frame of reference--and thus a comparison.

However, the juxtaposition of two objects in a sentence such as the above does not imply a comparison between those objects, any more than saying, "The Red Wings rule! Detroit Tigers stink!" While the statement may be true, it is not implying that the Red Wings are better than the Tigers; instead, the Red Wings are compared to their area of expertise (hockey) and the Tigers to theirs (baseball).

Thus, since World of Warcraft and Oblivion are, in most people's minds, separate genres of games, a direct comparison is inappropriate. I may say that I love Oblivion and I hate Railroad Tycoon. That doesn't mean that I'm comparing the two to each other--rather, to an arbitrary standard that I've set up.

Clear as mud?

Back