Another Battlefield 2 problem thread..

skinegibbs

Limp Gawd
Specs
A64 3000+ @ 2.5 ghz
Geforce 6800GT @ 401/1100
1 gig PC4400 G.Skill 2.5-4-4-8
Win XP Pro

Like every couple minutes my game just randomly freezes up for about 10 seconds and then it does the same thing in another couple of minutes.It happens in both single play and multiplayer. I tried setting all the graphics to medium....still has the problem. I've tried 3-4 sets of drivers and that's not a problem either. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think you would have a far better chance getting BF2 problem questions answered on the official BF2 forums. Same goes for every1 else with BF2 issues.

I was actually using the beta 77.13 when I installed & it worked fine. Then went to see about tweaking any configs & noticed the nVidia drivers being 77.30. So I installed them.

The game does have pauses at the start when players are joining & its loading what I assume is textures. BF:V did the same. It stops after playing for a bit. Dunno if that's your problem or not. My only real issue was it crashes after a while. & the damn short round times. :mad:

I have the same exact problem. Sometimes I can go 5 minutes and not get any pauses while other times there's 5 seconds between pauses.

A64 3500+ @ 2.6GHz
1 GB PC3200
6800 GT
whatever drivers came with the demo

I posted this in the demo impressions thread right before you made this. It probably fits better here:

"Ok this game runs like ass on the system in my sig. I don't think 1024x768 with medium settings, 2x AA and 8xAF is too much to ask out of this baby. The game doesn't even look all that great.

Perhaps it's because I'm running it on Windows XP64? Is anyone else running it on that? I get massive stuttering and "Machine Check Exceptions". I haven't had any problems running any other game on this system. Far Cry, UT2004, HL2, all run perfect at much higher settings. What gives?"

I dont even know....this was the game I was waiting for and people with computers half the specs as mine are running it like silk and I'd kill to run this baby like that.

My brothers computer is half of mine. I have a 6800Gt he has a 6600gt. I have a athlon 64 he has an athlon Xp. Etc. For some reason his computer handles it like butter but mine seems like its about to burst into flames and i literally cant play. Something is funky with this demo.

Yeah, the sad thing is I was planning to buy this game but if the full version is going to run like this on my system I'm not going to. Sure it could be optimized, but there's no way I can know how it's going to play. The demo should reassure you and confirm your desire to buy the game, not leave you confused as to whether you should or not.

Back