Another attempt at OCin my P4 with WC

eyedol

Gawd
Since the last time I tried to overclock my 3.0C I have gotten a nice dangerden wc setup (rbx, d4 pump, 1/2", etc) and I can take it to 3.75 with 250fsb without a hitch...I just have to up the voltage to 1.8v. I have fallen in love with watercooling...even with a dual 80mm rad im just a few degrees above ambient even under load. :)

I'm also using an Asus p4c800e deluxe and so far so good except for my memory frequency being 320. I'm running some crosair xms pro pc3200 and it's holding me back. Right now in the bios I have the ddr frequency set to auto, but if I try and force 400mhz it won't boot no matter how much voltage I give it. Any ideas how I can get this damn memory to get going? Is there even a memory divider on this board? I didn't see one. And what exactly does auto do? It's obviously using some divider...

I did notice that my ram seems to make a horrible noise when it is being accessed. It's the xmspro memory with the leds on it(sigh why did I buy this). It seems like the leds are the ones making the noise? I have no idea but I know its coming from the ram. Hope somone has experienced this.

huh, i used to have that ram a while ago. the xms with the LED's on it just like u. i no mine never made a noise at all. thats weird how its doing that. its ok ram, but not the best ram for the P4 overclocker crowd.

Yeah I'm not a fan of it. I only bought it because at the time I really didn't care about overclocking and the led's added a nice effect. :eek:

i have similer ram has u, but i have heard that it suppose 2 be good for overclocking.. i have tried 2 overclock mine into ddr400 has my one is a ddr333... i have Corsair (TWINX1024-2700LL) 1024MB

Threre's nothing wrong with that ram. That's some of the best. If you don't want it I'll take it. ;)

So your comp is running at 3.7g and your upset that your ram makes occasional noises?? If were all in agreeance that it's the led's making the noise then I think I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Or, we could go with my original idea. :D

Well I also can't get the ram to run at ddr400 even with very relaxed timings. I'm just asking if there's anything else I can try to get it up there. I've already tried a voltage increase and loosen the timings.

I'm not disappointed with the cpu overclock. My temp is 30C at full load running on 1.82v(vcore actually shows as 1.74).

I'm just trying to get my memory up to par.

Hehe, I should have read your original post closer. Ram is measured in megahertz and when people talk about speeds there are a couple different ways to refer to it. You have PC3200 ram which equals DDR400 that runs at a 200fsb. So when you are trying to set you ram to 400fsb your are doubling the stock settings. Also, when you raise the fsb you are raising the speed of the cpu. So you were also trying to double the speed of your cpu. That would be an impressive OC. ;) They don't make ram or cpu's that can do that to my knowledge. Their getting close though with fsb's at over 300mhz. Take a look at my sig. I'm runing PC4000 or DDR500, which has a stock speed of 250fsb, which takes my cpu to 3.75g. Try upping your fsb, starting at your stock 200, in increments of 10 and make sure everything boots up and runs ok. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Well after fucking around with it some more I realized that the DDR speed setting in the bios actually changes the damn divider. 400 is 1:1, 333 is 4;5, and so on. Now I have it running at 3.75 and the memory with full ddr400(200mhz) speed with the "333" setting. gfg :rolleyes:

So far it's stable. Prime95'd it through a good number of cycles. Going to further test it with everything I can find. Why did I never get into water cooling sooner? :D Fucking 32C at full load. I'm only using a dual 80mm radiator too....thanks for the help guys.

You guys think I can make this sucker go higher?

Check out my FS thread here! http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=825699 :) Selling my new new stuff.

Back