Angry Birds Star Wars Warps into #1 Slot in App Store

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you thought Rovio was a one-trick pony with the original Angry Birds, better think again. Angry Birds Star Wars was launched in the App Store on Thursday and within two and a half hours had taken over the #1 slot.

Angry Birds Star Wars puts the disgruntled little birds in the Star Wars universe, complete with lightsabers, lasers and Bad Piggies dressed up as Darth Vader and Stormtroopers.

IOS game costs money.

Android: free version plus a paid HD version.

weird

Free Android version has ads. Heck it's $5 on the PC (desktop and Metro version) and the Mac, but it is actually more fun with a mouse an keyboard on a big screen I think.

IOS game costs money.

Android: free version plus a paid HD version.

weird

Android is more conducive to in-app advertising. Google is an advertising company after all.

A lot of people leave this out when they compare iOS to Android; the primary source of revenue for Android app developers is advertising.

Star Trek 'warps', Star Wars 'jumps'.
You aren't even trying to pretend you are a geek anymore :(

OMG, you didn't just nitpick about that did you? Go outside and like acknowledge the sun or something.

No Skribbel. Just no.

Major fucked up big time with this one. We just can't let him get away with it.

Jump to warp speed on the punishment pronto!

If you thought Rovio was a one-trick pony with the original Angry Birds, better think again.
Well Rovio isn't exactly changing my mind by releasing essentially the same product ;)

Well Rovio isn't exactly changing my mind by releasing essentially the same product ;)
This one is actually pretty cool with the changes in this one. As reviews note, its like all previous versions were a build up to make a well executed game for the Star Wars universe.

Same people who play Madden or Call of Duty QQing about Angry Birds being the same thing as before. :rolleyes:

With IOS you get to pay twice for the Star Wars version - the 2nd half of the levels costs another 1.99 I believe.

No Skribbel. Just no.

But if it was too big for the slot, then it would warp when pushed into it... :p

No Skribbel. Just no.

I fully agree....we cannot let this stand.

For punishment I would suggest he submits by the end of this week a 20 page comprehensive paper comparing the technical details of a turbolaser vs a phaser array or as an alternative to explain why reversing the polarity on the main deflector dish to emit a anti-polaron beam would pass through the Death Star's mail shields.

...Death Star's mail shields.

Oh wow, the Death Star has spam filters too! That's like, unhackable except for the huge holes that let you fly heavily armed space ships to critical places where random glowing stuff like reactors can get blown up.

Or is the Death Star just not really very guy friendly so that it shields itself from men?

angry birds? more like angry nerds... speaking of which, damn I'd love a nerd blizzard from dq

Back