android adoptive storage

Gabe3

2[H]4U
didn't see any threads about this. do you use it? some manufacturers make it difficult to enable because if your sd card goes bad a lot of issues will happen. also, since it makes the sd storage and internal as one, then all the storage is the same speed so your internal will get slowed down to the sd card speed.

I'm wondering this myself actually. We purchased two samsung galaxy tab A 8.0 tablets with the tax free weekend and installed the SD cards and I cannot seem to even get the damn android software to store apps on it at all any more like I was able to with my galaxy s4 smartphone.. I'm starting to wonder why even have the damn sd card slot if you can't really use the G.D thing.

I use it on my Shield Tablet and didn't really notice any performance degradation in app loading like everyone seems to complain about when you enable adoptive storage. I just have an old 32GB Sandisk card in it too, might be an Xtreme or something, not sure if that even makes a difference or not.

I'm wondering this myself actually. We purchased two samsung galaxy tab A 8.0 tablets with the tax free weekend and installed the SD cards and I cannot seem to even get the damn android software to store apps on it at all any more like I was able to with my galaxy s4 smartphone.. I'm starting to wonder why even have the damn sd card slot if you can't really use the G.D thing.

Have you updated them to Marshmallow yet? Not sure if Samsung left out Adoptive storage on their tabs like they did on their phones. I remember reading that there was an easy way to enable it on Samsung phones though through the ADB CLI. I would think you could do the same thing with the tabs.

I use it on my Shield Tablet and didn't really notice any performance degradation in app loading like everyone seems to complain about when you enable adoptive storage. I just have an old 32GB Sandisk card in it too, might be an Xtreme or something, not sure if that even makes a difference or not.

Have you updated them to Marshmallow yet? Not sure if Samsung left out Adoptive storage on their tabs like they did on their phones. I remember reading that there was an easy way to enable it on Samsung phones though through the ADB CLI. I would think you could do the same thing with the tabs.

Yup, ran the updates as one of them is going to be a gift for my autistic daughter. This has been the only snag so far... I read that its supposed to be simple to make the sd card as if its part of the internal storage, but that option simply does not appear :-/ i'm using a new class 10 sd card as well, so in theory that should be a problem.. Android orta consider making a few features mandatory standard on all android devices and put this problem to bed already....

Back