And the "Finally!" award goes to...

ballistic90

2[H]4U
Nintendo just announced that they're combining their eShop system between the Wii U and 3DS. After the next update for both devices, your Nintendo Network IDs can be linked to your 3DS and Wii U, sharing funds between both devices under a unified network ID. About fucking time. This should allow, among other things, digital purchases to stop being linked to the hardware and instead be account based, and the Miiverse software to be used from the 3DS.

Honestly, it shouldn't have taken this long to accomplish this.

Thats like one of the biggest reasons i never bought any games off the nintendo shop, now that its actually linked I think i will actually get a download copy of ace attorney or something

Thats like one of the biggest reasons i never bought any games off the nintendo shop, now that its actually linked I think i will actually get a download copy of ace attorney or something

After re-reading it, the linking of bought content to the account may not happen in that specific update. Seems like a bullshit thing to do.

Honestly, though, my purchases are linked to my Club Nintendo account and that should have been enough to link your account to your purchases.

But anyways, pay attention and make sure they confirm it's attached to your account before you go purchasing after the update. Buyer beware.

Hmm, problem is i dont remember my account name/passwords on my Wii/Wii U/3ds to actually do it. Can you combine the 3 separate accounts you have now somehow?

Hmm, problem is i dont remember my account name/passwords on my Wii/Wii U/3ds to actually do it. Can you combine the 3 separate accounts you have now somehow?

Password books are your friend!

It will be nice to be able to use my Eshop credit on both now.

After re-reading it, the linking of bought content to the account may not happen in that specific update. Seems like a bullshit thing to do.

Honestly, though, my purchases are linked to my Club Nintendo account and that should have been enough to link your account to your purchases.

But anyways, pay attention and make sure they confirm it's attached to your account before you go purchasing after the update. Buyer beware.

Thanks for the heads up but I just hope they will link the content

The account you have on the Wii U is the Nintendo Network ID, and that can be combined with the 3DS account. When the update is pushed out, you will be asked on your 3DS to link it to an existing Nintendo Network ID, and that's where you would do that.

Thanks for the heads up but I just hope they will link the content

It's a forgone conclusion that will happen eventually, but the more articles I read, the more conflicting it gets. Joystiq's article claims that content will be linked, and might even allow you to play some content on both devices after buying it once. No one else mentioned that. I think more details will come out when the update is released.

Back