Anandtech: Ivy Bridge A HTPC Perspective

• Thread starter Deleted member 233889
  • Start date
Ivy HD4000 did very well overall but that is only available now on the more expensive processors which are unlikely to be used in a pure HTPC box. I was slightly disappointed with the madVR dropped frames but hopefully further testing will provide a solution. I will continue to wait to build my new HTPC until I can see Trinity vs low end i3 and i5 Ivy comparisons.

I just hope Intel isn't stupid enough this time to cut down the 4000 for it's lower CPU offerings.

I never understand intel they put the All the awesome in there high end part knowing full well most people spending $300 on a CPU are going to buy dedicated video cards. I personal would rather see i7s with out video cards my self. I guess intel is only worried about profit.

I never understand intel they put the All the awesome in there high end part knowing full well most people spending $300 on a CPU are going to buy dedicated video cards. I personal would rather see i7s with out video cards my self. I guess intel is only worried about profit.

+1, they should try to capture the budget low-end with decent integrated video on their lower end chips, taking a page from AMD's Llano.

I agree if someone is dropping 300 on a CPU, they are likely going to be spending some decent change on a better performing video card.

+1, they should try to capture the budget low-end with decent integrated video on their lower end chips, taking a page from AMD's Llano.

I agree if someone is dropping 300 on a CPU, they are likely going to be spending some decent change on a better performing video card.

The Extreme Editions are for Discrete GPU. If you are spending $500+ for one then you are guaranteed to not use the integrated. If you spend 200-500 then you might use it. We will see though, when the alternating power mode using integrated during low usage and discrete during gaming.

Back