AMD TURION X2 VS. INTEL CORE 2 DUO HELP

ALYNCH75

Limp Gawd
Can anyone tell me which is better. I am planning on getting a laptop computer and I need to know which CPU will give me more bang for the buck. Which is faster? Which is more cost efficient? Laptop will be used for photos, watching movies, light gaming, actually it will replace my desktop so I need a powerful system. I just want to know about these two CPU's

lol if core 2 duo beats a dual core dual channel amd 64 then it will most certainly beat a dual core turion too.

Okay so are you saying its best for me to max out a Dell XPS Core 2 Duo Laptop or can I get an AMD Turion X2 based laptop.

Can I get another system other than dell that has great specs on a laptop. I prefer the 14 inch or 12 inch screen. The Dell XPS is on the pricy end.

Both of those chips are good, and both are fast. The C2D will provide more "RAW" performance though.

sad to say a core 2 duo will more than likely stomp the x2 clock for clock, even the turion 64 x2

Regardless to say i still picked up a Turion 64 x2 laptop this weekend. Love it.

Okay what do you think of the HP Paviliaon dv2025nr series I can get the config below for about $1100 bucks. Is this a good deal.

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
Processor AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-50(1.6GHz/512KB)
Display 14.1" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
Graphics Card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
DVD/CD-RW/DVD -+RW Combo Drive with light scribe
Sonic DigitalMedia Deluxe-Burn/Copy, Label CD/DVDs
802.11a/b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Microsoft(R) Office Professional Edition 2003
HP Mobile Remote Control
3-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with Express Repair extended service plan

I'd say you should have been at Best Buy on Friday when a Gateway model with a bigger display was on sale for $400 less. Don't worry, I got one for you :p Or was that for me .. *shrug*

ALYNCH75 said:
Okay what do you think of the HP Paviliaon dv2025nr series I can get the config below for about $1100 bucks. Is this a good deal.

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
Processor AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-50(1.6GHz/512KB)
Display 14.1" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
Graphics Card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
DVD/CD-RW/DVD -+RW Combo Drive with light scribe
Sonic DigitalMedia Deluxe-Burn/Copy, Label CD/DVDs
802.11a/b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Microsoft(R) Office Professional Edition 2003
HP Mobile Remote Control
3-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with Express Repair extended service plan
No. Buying dead technology is never a "good deal." As said before, C2D is so clearly better than X2.

InorganicMatter said:
No. Buying dead technology is never a "good deal." As said before, C2D is so clearly better than X2.

lmao

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Mark Twain

my mother has slown down through the years but if I called her dead she would kill me.

I know about the deals for bigger screens. I don't want a big screen a 12inch or 14 inch will do. that being said........... the dell xps m1210 that is simialrly equipped is about 1700 bucks with my Employee discount but i can get a discount with hp for the intel core 2 duo model of the one i configured with the x2 turion. that being said what should I do.....

so do I go with a dell xps core 2 duo the m1210 line or do I go with the HP Pavillian line with core 2 duo?

the dell seems the better option but that screen bugs me.
the dell has a better graphics option and is smaller and will likely be your best bet.

don't get intel graphics and get the highest clocked proc you can afford.

This really sucks. I acutally purchased the HP one i showed above. I purchased it in september not knowing that the intel core 2 duo was on the horizon. what do i do now. is it worth buying a new intel core 2 duo and giving the hp to my wife or should i just be lcontent and wait until a few months when the quad core cpus come out and the core 2 duo prices drop a bit :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its not a huge deal, most people won't even notice the diffrence between the two CPU's.
Just enjoy your X2 and when it's time to upgrade you upgrade. Actualy I bet the AMD X2's with the X1150 ATI/Geforce 6150 video are faster in most games then a c2d with intel grpahics.

Your words remind me that its good to be content with what I have and not jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon. As long as it suits my purpose and does what I need. In this sense I can just relax and enjoy the computer. I have the computer and the computer doesn't have me. So many times people want the latest and greatest and the fact remains that they really didn't need it. Wasted money and wasted rants and raves about my computer can kick your computer's buttt. and my cpu is faster. all that being said ...... let's take time and enjoy the technology and not give into the retailers and advertisements about geeeeeeeeee wizzzz gadgets and new hardware that if we really look at it we are not utilizing what we have to its full potential.

Back