AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D CPU Review & Benchmarks: $700 Gaming Flagship

I don't get what you're trying to prove. It is a single CCD with expensive cache and two cores disabled. Do you believe a 5900X is only made with 6 cores?
I don't get what you're trying to say. I simply said they could remove one CCD on the 7900X3D and sell it as a "7600X3D" in response to the question of the possibility above, since it is already a 6+6 core CPU. The 7900X3D is one CCX comprised of two CCD: one with 3D V-cache and one without. Removing the CCD with the standard cache would make the hypothetical 7600X3D, just as removing it from the 7950X3D makes the 7800X3D.

I don't get what you're trying to say. I simply said they could remove one CCD on the 7900X3D and sell it as a "7600X3D" in response to the question of the possibility above, since it is already a 6+6 core CPU. The 7900X3D is one CCX comprised of two CCD: one with 3D V-cache and one without. Removing the CCD with the standard cache would make the hypothetical 7600X3D, just as removing it from the 7950X3D makes the 7800X3D.
The way you're describing it, though, doesn't make sense. If you mean "physically remove one CCD", that's not semantically the same as "only put one CCD on the substrate." If you mean "disable the non-3D cache CCD", why would they waste a perfectly good die they could sell for a couple hundred bucks? The only thing that makes financial sense for a 7600X3D would be to assemble the thing with one CCD, but the number$ probably don't work out.

The reality is they don’t want to sell a lot of the 7900’s as either the normal or stacked cache variant. Those are made from silicon that couldn’t be activated as the full 8 cores because of manufacturing flaws. They exist to move slightly defective silicon and that’s it, the 7800x3d exists to serve a price point going below that AMD doesn’t want to play.

A 7600x3D as you propose it would actively step on the toes of their existing offerings, which means they would have to either sell the 7600x3D for more than its worth performance wise making it something that doesn’t sell or they would have to mark down their existing lineup meaning smaller margins. Something that would actively go against everything they have told their investors, so they can’t do that either.

The way you're describing it, though, doesn't make sense. If you mean "physically remove one CCD", that's not semantically the same as "only put one CCD on the substrate." If you mean "disable the non-3D cache CCD", why would they waste a perfectly good die they could sell for a couple hundred bucks? The only thing that makes financial sense for a 7600X3D would be to assemble the thing with one CCD, but the number$ probably don't work out.
It's a dumb semantic argument to make. Of course I didn't mean to just rip a CCD off of existing hardware...

It's a dumb semantic argument to make. Of course I didn't mean to just rip a CCD off of existing hardware...
Well, maybe say "produce a chip with a single 6-core X3d chiplet instead of literally saying "simply said they could remove one CCD on the 7900X3D".

Back