AMD rewards assassins creed code problem

klinkman

[H]ard|Gawd
Might not be the right area, but ill toss it out here and see if anyone can help.
I'm trying to redeem my AMD rewards code for Assassins creed. Ordered a 580 from newegg, it shipped today, and they emailed me the code to redeem. Well when you try to enter the code on the www.amdrewards.com site, i get an error. "A qualifying AMD product was not detected in your system" blah blah, please install a vega, 570 or 580. Thanks AMD, that would be because the card isnt here yet.
This machine has a 1080, and i would like to install the game here. Anyone have a way around this? Where is it reading my gpu information and how should i trick it into giving me my stupid real serial number to download the game.

Let me know what you all think. I know nvidia does this with game codes these days too. Annoying, but im sure there is a way around it. :)

Last edited:
You sure you just did not try to buy a code on the cheap and did not realize you needed an AMD card to actually play it? ;-)

I do not know of any way for you to trick it. I will give you $5 for it.

ha, nope. i had some newegg credit to use, and the 580 i grabbed was $200. figured i would take my game codes and sell the card cheap to someone.
I guess i could boot up a VM and trick it into showing amd installed, then enter my code, retrieve my real codes for the games, then.... profit?
Or i could wait two days and install the 580 long enough to get my games. :)

ha, nope. i had some newegg credit to use, and the 580 i grabbed was $200. figured i would take my game codes and sell the card cheap to someone.
I guess i could boot up a VM and trick it into showing amd installed, then enter my code, retrieve my real codes for the games, then.... profit?
Or i could wait two days and install the 580 long enough to get my games. :)

you ordered a 570 and they are sending you a 580?

install the RX 580 in your machine, redeem the code for the game, install the game, and switch GPU again.. sell your card and you can keep the game to play in the GTX 1080 =).

^ what he said. the card has to be in the system to do a validity check.

install the RX 580 in your machine, redeem the code for the game, install the game, and switch GPU again.. sell your card and you can keep the game to play in the GTX 1080 =).

Ive read a lot of folks say that they are buying AMD cards and then selling these game codes. Not for very much money sure. But how are they keeping the card and selling the codes if the codes require that the card be installed in the system?

Ive read a lot of folks say that they are buying AMD cards and then selling these game codes. Not for very much money sure. But how are they keeping the card and selling the codes if the codes require that the card be installed in the system?
I was told in another thread that you use the code they give to unlock a steam code, then they sell the steam code. that way the buyer doesn't have to have the gpu it came with to activate.

Probably to other people who have cards before the promotion began and that's probably why the codes are so cheap. I wish I knew a fella with a 570 or 580. I'd pay for their service so that I could get AC:Odyssey for cheap-ish. Strange Bridage seems cool but they shot themselves in the foot having released a co-op game for $50 with a season pass.

edit: oh the game codes themselves. yeah you throw the card in, validate and get the game keys, then you're done.

Probably to other people who have cards before the promotion began and that's probably why the codes are so cheap. I wish I knew a fella with a 570 or 580. I'd pay for their service so that I could get AC:Odyssey for cheap-ish. Strange Bridage seems cool but they shot themselves in the foot having released a co-op game for $50 with a season pass.

edit: oh the game codes themselves. yeah you throw the card in, validate and get the game keys, then you're done.
$30, think he still has two, if im reading right.
https://hardforum.com/threads/stran...y-x2-star-control-x2.1968678/#post-1043855983

Oooooo tempting. Man I should really start finishing games before I go and buy more though. But damn is that a good price.

Yeah. Thanks for the input all.
The code amd give just needs to validate the card type once, then gives you normal steam codes. That's my understanding.
The real question is how Chrome is telling the amd page what gpu I'm using. Since it didn't ask for any install or special active content, it must be a pretty generic flag in Chrome some place that websites can check. Which also means it should be easy to trick/change temporarily and then change back.
Just my two cents, my rtx arrived today so I have other things to start testing and playing with right now!

IIRC the games codes aren't tied to that specific card but its checking to see if you have a corresponding AMD card in your system. So anyone that has a 570/580 should be able to redeem the code to get the free games.

IIRC the games codes aren't tied to that specific card but its checking to see if you have a corresponding AMD card in your system. So anyone that has a 570/580 should be able to redeem the code to get the free games.
from what I understand , that is correct. the amd code checks for valid hardware and then presents a steam code. its the steam code that people are sellin.

Yep, i am now the proud owner of a USED (for 6 minutes) RX 580. Installed it, grabbed my game codes, and boxed it right back up.
Annoying, but it is what it is. Thanks for the input all.

Back