AMD make anyone else happy today?

monkeysofthebutt

[H]ard|Gawd
Picture.jpg

Got this in a box today form amd. Suprised me at first, had no idea who it was from. Came with a copy of UT2003 (32bit my guess, says nothing to the contrary) a nice polo (large, if anyone gets an XL or XXL and wears a large ill trade) and a registration code for Dr. Divx.

They sent me a second baseball cap by mistake. I'm alright though. Not jealous or anything...

Nice, To bad I didnt go to the Area 64. I like that shirt though *grabs and runs really fast*. AMD did make me happy yesterday though... My friend went to Japan and I saw a whole shelf full of AMD from a picture he took. Ill have to get it and upload it to show you guys. Its a cool display...But the A64s are cheaper there. :( :D Yeah...Well anyways cool stuff, but I REALLY want that shirt!!!
Not jealous or anything...

Originally posted by Sc0rched
Nice, To bad I didnt go to the Area 64. I like that shirt though *grabs and runs really fast*. AMD did make me happy yesterday though... My friend went to Japan and I saw a whole shelf full of AMD from a picture he took. Ill have to get it and upload it to show you guys. Its a cool display...But the A64s are cheaper there. :( :D Yeah...Well anyways cool stuff, but I REALLY want that shirt!!!

Well if i cant find anyone to trade with , this "Exclusive" (as said on paper) shirt will go up for sale. Prety damn nice, too bad im not a large. Would love to see that pic from japan. How much are they there?

Originally posted by DaveX
I'm not surprised since Epic Games is a big fan of AMD...

Yeha, has a nice Athlon symbol on the bottem of the box. I was hoping it would be 64 bit, but its not, so its going to my friend

Originally posted by monkeysofthebutt
Yeha, has a nice Athlon symbol on the bottem of the box. I was hoping it would be 64 bit, but its not, so its going to my friend

I heard they're making a 64-bit version of UT2k4 though...

I've just received the package today also...

but weren't we supposed to get Unreal tournament 2004?
I was pretty sure it was 2004... not 2003.. grrr..

Odd, my UT2003, has the P4 logo on the back, and in the manual has some bullshit about how the P4 makes the game a lot better :rolleyes:

lol right now amd is on my shit list. thought i fried my 2500+ ordered a new one and it wont post either but the gig duron i got will fire right up ?

i got a shit load of stickers and 8 AMD XP shirts from them
and a couple coffee mugs and a pen
and couple hats
XPP tournys kicked ass and also you can call them yes you have to call them and see if you can get any shirts and stickers and stuff for LAN Parties as giveaway's and they will send you stuff

Hmm... I might just see if they can sponsor a LAN for us. We throw local LAN parties about every two weeks, and I wonder how big it would have to be. It would be a great insentive for people to come. Some of them recently have been lacking (2-3 people :eek: ). People just have work and I am sure we could find a date where lots of people could come. Never thought of that, thought of contacting ATI/Nvidia or Zalman, but AMD sounds like that would be best since most of us are AMD fanboys.

nice, large??

This is why i stick with AMD. About to buy a 2600+ to replace my sisters aging 1.6ghz intel system, so she has something decent to go to college with.

Originally posted by monkeysofthebutt
This is why i stick with AMD. About to buy a 2600+ to replace my sisters aging 1.6ghz intel system, so she has something decent to go to college with.

lol...I bet you could ask her for some money and sneak in an A64...;)

I think you guys didn't get UT2k4 because the game was originally set for release in the Holiday season but got pushed back to February.

I think you guys didn't get UT2k4 because the game was originally set for release in the Holiday season but got pushed back to February.

I have a faint memory of that happening with UT2k3...

yeah its just a large tshirt.. heh u should give the # on the ups box a call and ask if they can send you a bigger exclusive shirt :)

Back