AMD FX-4130 for $60

manwich

Weaksauce
So I've looked around and noticed that every where on the web, this thing sells for at least $95. But at the Microcenter downt the road from me, it sells for $60 which to me makes it a great budget cpu and the cheapest quadcore you can buy.

The only negatives people have said about this processor is it's price (if you're not buying from Microcenter) and the 125w power draw. I'm thinking about putting this into a new pc for my mom. What do you guys think? Best bang for your buck cpu at $60? I did see that it performs about the same as a similarly priced Intel G3220 but I figured the extra 2 cores give the 4130 an advantage for better multitasking.

The main problem that I see with that cpu is that there is no bundle deal. The great thing about Micro Center is the bundle deals. You don't get $40 off a motherboard with that cpu so it may be better to look at other options. An APU may be a decent choice so don't rule those out.

I think the FX-8320 at $99 is a much better deal :) I got one for under $120 a couple months ago with the cheapo 760 motherboard, the MC 2 year warranty, and tax.

I think the FX-8320 at $99 is a much better deal :) I got one for under $120 a couple months ago with the cheapo 760 motherboard, the MC 2 year warranty, and tax.

Oh my goodness... I completely missed that deal. I also saw that they have a bundle deal for FX-6300 six core and the motherboard for $110. I need to keep my eyes open for these deals... I tend to fixate on the first good deal I see and not notice the better ones.

I ain't too familiar with APUs, but I have been looking at those as well. Those seem more geared towards HTPCs or low to moderate gaming. The person using this PC primarily needs it for productivity and general usage.

Back