AMD Fury X In Stock thread

frunction

Limp Gawd
This is to monitor stock of the AMD Fury X.

Here's to hoping we have another Best Buy like situation and they come out early. :)

I've been checking the major sites, and so far not even placeholders.

It will be tempting to buy a Fury.

However I don't want to be like the Titan X owners, or the 980ti owners currently. While Fury is the first step to true next generation cards, the cards that come after it will be absolute monsters.

Sometime in 2016 they will have cards with 16gb HBM2 on 14nm finfets. I think I can wait longer.

Resisting the Fury itch is going to be like having crabs, you want to scratch but know you shouldn't. Heck I almost bought a 980TI. Maybe I can try and jusitfy a purchase because I can sell my current card, and sell the fury when the new cards come out :D

If they are smart AMD will drop ship them on the 23rd. Not much possibility of leaks then. If the low stock rumors (yet again) are true then it won't be an issue of having to unload a whole truck of them at Best Buy on non-truck day. A simple Fed-Ex delivery will work.

I have a really bad feeling in my gut that ebay listing is going to look like a bargain in the first 2 weeks. The shittiest thing is those markups won't go in any shape or form to AMD.

How many first day purchases do you bet on being immediately turned around on E-bay rather than going into someone's machine?

I hope we get more details on the regular Fury on the 24th.
If it's going to have cutdown sp's then I'm probably not going to wait.

If that's the case I'll get a non-ref 980 Ti since I refuse to put water in my rig.

AIO are great man, that is the lazy mans water cooling set up. Now a days the AIO are made pretty good, the pump should die well before it leaks.

Sometime in 2016 they will have cards with 16gb HBM2 on 14nm finfets. I think I can wait longer.

Doubtful that 16GB HBM2 and 14nm happens in 2016. The first Pascal SKU's will probably be 8GB

AIO are great man, that is the lazy mans water cooling set up. Now a days the AIO are made pretty good, the pump should die well before it leaks.
AMD's official press info says something like "whisper quiet 1500 RPM" and I busted out laughing. 120mm @ 1500 RPM is a tornado.
I will wait for reviews though. It would replace my rear exhaust fan so I don't need fanless, but if it doesn't go sub-1000 RPM at idle, it's a pass from me.

Now a days the AIO are made pretty good, the pump should die well before it leaks.
Average CLC pump lifespan is about 3-4 years.
Average fluid bearing lifespan, 10-15 years. I still have two S-Flex's in my rig that are literally 8 years old. My TRUE is also 8. Metal never fails.

Keep your cheap plastic pumps.

AMD's official press info says something like "whisper quiet 1500 RPM" and I busted out laughing. 120mm @ 1500 RPM is a tornado.
I will wait for reviews though. It would replace my rear exhaust fan so I don't need fanless, but if it doesn't go sub-1000 RPM at idle, it's a pass from me.

wat

1500RPM is completely normal and not at all loud. Most of the higher end 120mm fans run at 3000+RPM, which is probably what you're thinking about.

AMD already stated 32db at load, that's quieter than almost anything out there.

I doubt their 1500 RPM Gentle Typhoon is going to be quieter than all of the 800~900 RPM fans in my case.

I doubt their 1500 RPM Gentle Typhoon is going to be quieter than all of the 800~900 RPM fans in my case.

That is a pretty quiet fan if it is 32db or less that is pretty much what a room sounds like during the day so you won't even hear it. In comparison even the silent cards are at 40+db.

That is a pretty quiet fan if it is 32db or less that is pretty much what a room sounds like during the day so you won't even hear it. In comparison even the silent cards are at 40+db.
I guess you guys are city slickers or somewhere with high ambient noise. My house is completely silent.
The sound of a single fan spinning at any RPM is noticable. Like a pin dropping :p.

Average fluid bearing lifespan, 10-15 years. I still have two S-Flex's in my rig that are literally 8 years old. My TRUE is also 8. Metal never fails.

How long were you planing on keeping the card lol :p 3-4years :D

I guess you guys are city slickers or somewhere with high ambient noise. My house is completely silent.
The sound of a single fan spinning at any RPM is noticable. Like a pin dropping :p.

Well like I said before most if not all the cards with fans make more than 32db of noise, I don't see how buying one of those would help your noise problem.

Well like I said before most if not all the cards with fans make more than 32db of noise, I don't see how buying one of those would help your noise problem.
I started using my own fans a while ago.
Considering most cards now have fanless modes I don't need to worry about it in the future.

And I suppose you have facts to back up that assertion? Because Corsair warranties their Hydro series AIO coolers for five years and their Air Series & all fan products for only 2 years.
http://www.corsair.com/en/support/warranty

And CoolerMaster (the maker of the AIO cooler for the Fury X) states that the pump on their Seidon 120 AIO cooler should last 70,000 hours. That means even if you run your computer 8 hours a day, every day, 365 days a year you end up with an average lifespan of 24 years. Kinda puts that 10-15 year lifespan on your S-Flex to shame.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail_aj01/cooling/P1302180549f6e3/Specs.html

Keep your cheap S-Flex!

Last edited:
Holiday 2016 for Nvidia to play catch-up to AMD? No thanks.

We won't know who's going to be playing catch up to whom until the [H] review, and I have a feeling the GTA5 bench in particular should be good for at least 50 pages of rage discussion. BTW, I thought Pascal is slated for Q1, so not sure where you're getting Holiday from. Unless ofcourse they drop midrange cards first and a 1080GTX comes later.

Last edited:
Oh I should have mentioned, I run my PC 24/7. Another reason to avoid cheap pumps.
:rolleyes: 70,000 hours @ 24 hours a day still equals 8 years. That's the equivalent of using an 8800GT to this day. There's nothing "cheap" about that.

Last edited:
We won't know who's going to be playing catch up to whom until the [H] review, and I have a feeling the GTA5 bench in particular should be good for at least 50 pages of rage discussion. BTW, I thought Pascal is slated for Q1, so not sure where you're getting Holiday from. Unless ofcourse they drop midrange cards first and a 1080GTX comes later.
If Pascal were coming out in Q1 we'd have more rumors by now certainly.
We started getting Pirate Islands rumors around one year ago. We knew about Fury's 4096-bit bus and 512 GB/s bandwidth in December or so.

We had Maxwell rumors (GTX 880 at the time) in March of last year. Pascal...? Radio silence.

16ff+ will be delayed, we will start getting Maxwell refresh rumors later this year.

I'll just get a FuryX just for the fun of it. Will give that baby a spin and see an eye to eye comparison with the TitanX.

I'll just get a FuryX just for the fun of it. Will give that baby a spin and see an eye to eye comparison with the TitanX.

I'm tempted to do the same and pit them against one another and document it all.

Thank you for this!
However I'm so worried I won't be able to fit the radiator :(

IMG_20120409_180042.jpg

Why? Looks like it will fit just fine on your bottom fan mount.

That was my first thought. Will not be a problem if the radiator is lower than the card is it?

Also can you guys post pictures of where will you place your Fury X radiator? I like to take ideas and perhaps buy a new case :D

Doubt it, I'll bet demand for a block will be low considering Fury X comes with CLC. If EK is coming with a block I'd expect you'll see them around late July, August.

Doubt it, I'll bet demand for a block will be low considering Fury X comes with CLC. If EK is coming with a block I'd expect you'll see them around late July, August.

Fury has a full coverage block, not just a CLC

Back