AMD Crossfire Predefined Profile List?

Ocean

Supreme [H]ardness
Im trying to find the crossfire predefined profile list, and decipher what is visible vs what is hidden from CCC.

Why? because i have skyrim and that works best with crossfire when the drivers think i am running oblivion. but steam drm, or patches, or mods all have issues with renaming the TESV.exe to oblivion.exe. I am trying to find the crossfire profile that already exists on my system so i can attach/save it to TESV.exe without requiring RadeonPro.
the difference when the exe is renamed oblivion seems to add roughly 25% fps increase all the way to magic 60.

tl;dr

im looking to have oblivion.exe show up in the CCC crossfire profile list
so i can run skyrim with the oblivion crossfire profile.

In the 3D Application Settings you can select "Use AMD pre-defined profile" in the CrossFireX settings which will show you the list of built-in profiles and will copy the settings to the game selected above.

Having said that, I just looked through the list in 12.11 beta 11 and while TESV.exe is there, oblivion.exe isn't.

In the 3D Application Settings you can select "Use AMD pre-defined profile" in the CrossFireX settings which will show you the list of built-in profiles and will copy the settings to the game selected above.

Having said that, I just looked through the list in 12.11 beta 11 and while TESV.exe is there, oblivion.exe isn't.

correct, the only way i know that there is some sort of oblivion profile, is comparing framerates between disabled crossfire(37fps) and enabled crossfire(60fps) while the exe is named oblivion.exe. which also matches the disabled crossfire framerate(37fps) while the exe is named tesv compared to enabled crossfire(47fps with hiccups)

tl;dr
oblivion exe cfx (60fps)
oblivion exe no cfx (37fps)
tesv exe no cfx (37fps)
tesv exe cfx (47fps)

modded with high rez texture packs, enb, etc. intend to post video.

posted video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y36cw2ktyk

Last edited:
Radeon pro isnt acting the same as renaming the file to oblivion. Tried many times assuming that i was setting up the oblivion crossfire wrong, but radeon pro seems to break with regards to dll mods.

tried saving an oblivion.exe profile to oblivion.exe, and then saving that profile to tesv.exe

didnt work. :(

apparently the saving profile thing doesnt actually save everything such as crossfire configurations :(

Back