AMD CMD prompt?

prime2515102

[H]ard|Gawd
Every time I boot there's a CMD prompt that says copyright AMD but closes too fast to read what happens after that. Also, (and maybe this is something completely unrelated but it seems they started at the same time) I'm getting a hardware connected sound (sometimes 2 in a row) on every boot. This has been happening for at least the last 2 driver revisions (maybe more, currently using 12.4, Win7 x64).

Is there somewhere I should look in event viewer that will tell me what's being installed? I can't seem to find anything.

Anyone else getting this?

Last edited:
Some GPU's have a splash screen, which is the first thing you see when your PC powers up. It varies by vendors as it is a BIOS enabled/disabled option. In the Nvidia world you can edit the BIOS to turn it on or off yourself. I don't know if the same applies for you guys.

Yep had it with my old AMD video card, I think it says hardware acceleration or something.

Oh ok, I never managed to catch what the window title said. How annoying... Here it is:

amddosbox.png

It is something in the startup, if you run msconfig, you will see it there

Ohhhhh ok... that thing I checked to install but still have never used! lol Off to uninstall it...

So one of the hardware connected sounds stopped, the other appears to be from MSI afterburner. But it's odd, if I start it manually it doesn't make the sound, when started with Windows it does. Oh well...

You can disable the splash screen in the catalyst control panel and see if that stops it
Seems like something didn't install properly. Hdmi or avivo codecs.
Try a previous version or reinstalling 12.4 after removing old drivers.
Annoying but beats living with it.

Back