AMD being bought by Dell?!?

I hope not, I'm not even an AMD fan, but I would hate to see any company be killed by the likes of Dell lol.

AMD bought by Dell is like Intel bought nVidia..

It makes no sense and not going to happen..

that's not a good analogy, it would make sense for intel to buy nvidia. on topic though I don't think it will happen, just a rumor.

This is anonymous slashdot news...and if someone is trying to drive shares up with a rumor....the SEC will be involved...

Won't happen.

Intel buying Nvidia is like if AMD bought ATI...oh wait that did happen. Not the same.

I could see it happen but I really hope it doesn't. I absolutely hate Dell (due to past experiences) so I hope this rumor isn't true.

I seriously hope NO computer maker ever buys a hardware company because that would NOT be good for the industry.

If they were bought by Dell kiss AMD/ATI's ass goodbye because Dell is absolute trash. No offense to ATI/AMD but they are already struggling for high end CPUs & this wouldnt do them any justice

Last edited:
I seriously hope NO computer maker ever buys a hardware company because that would NOT be good for the industry.

Apple anyone? Granted they use Intel and a few others but they have bought out a lot of hardware companies for their products. Not a fan of that tactic or pricing ;)

Apple anyone? Granted they use Intel and a few others but they have bought out a lot of hardware companies for their products. Not a fan of that tactic or pricing ;)

They bought PA Semi - that's different. They don't own thier own version of hardware per se - they license ARM.

In related news, IBM just released its new line of desktop and laptop PC's, just surf (surfing is cool, whoosh) over to DUBYA DUBYA DUBYA DOT EYE BEE EMM DOT COM.

AMD has never been a favorite of Dell, this doesn't make sense. Dell has no reason to buy a chip mfg that they wouldn't use as much as they could have when AMD was hot, now that its Bulldozed over (GET IT) it wouldn't make sense now.

In related news, IBM just released its new line of desktop and laptop PC's, just surf (surfing is cool, whoosh) over to DUBYA DUBYA DUBYA DOT EYE BEE EMM DOT COM.

AMD has never been a favorite of Dell, this doesn't make sense. Dell has no reason to buy a chip mfg that they wouldn't use as much as they could have when AMD was hot, now that its Bulldozed over (GET IT) it wouldn't make sense now.

You mean Lenovo ?

My thought upon reading that was, how much of Dell does Intel or Intel friendly lobbyists still own? This would be an easy way for Intel to secure a complete x86 monopoly (the other x86 compatible manufacturers don't count).

IBM sold their commercial lines to lenovo??

LOL.. I pooped a little when I read this..

Eww... nasty... haha

Anyway DELL mostly sells Intel systems, why would they buy AMD!!? Heck I could see HP buying AMD before Dell even enters the picture, even though HP invests with Intel (Itanium anyone?).

This is all fake. Move along fellas.

Dell buying AMD, but Dell doesn't even like to use AMD in their systems, 90% are Intel based and Dell enjoys the perks (Money) from Intel. So... no I just don't believe it, plus if it happened AMD would lose it's x86 license.

Eww... nasty... haha

Anyway DELL mostly sells Intel systems, why would they buy AMD!!? Heck I could see HP buying AMD before Dell even enters the picture, even though HP invests with Intel (Itanium anyone?).

This is all fake. Move along fellas.

There's a difference between saying "I almost threw up" or "I had a brain anuerism" and...saying you had a bowel movement. I really, REALLY don't need to know that.

Back