AMD (ATI) Stream Support. Where is it?

griff30

Supreme [H]ardness
AMD is lagging behind in support for GPGPU Accleratied apps for there 5000 series cards. I really do not want my best friend to have switch over to 2 Nvidia GTX 480's from his own 2 XFX AMD (ATI) 5870 HD XXX edition in CrossFire.

What happened to the 5000 series cards. They dropped off the market in Graphics Acceleration of Applications like Adobe Premiere Pro, Folding@home (only works under 4000 series GPU accleration) plus GPU3 only works for Fermi, ETC.

I wish someone would press for a Petition to Adobe and the like to Accept all standard's of GPU accleration either for ATi Stream or Nvidia CUDA®. Even though CUDA is a proprietary to Nvidia and Apps developed for that standard should also be flipped over to the otherside for AMD Stream Technology along with OpenCL.

Otherwise Nvidia CUDA® technology will be the next AMD Vs Intel litigation with AMD Vs Nvidia with Nvidia holding a different standard.

I see in the near future that the Videocard Market will merge into one single enitiy of Graphics Code Implementation. Meaning that both sides of the Market has an equal opportunity to the others proprietary technology and Source Code.

When the internet started and certain hardware only worked with certain software.The Internet Technical Committee started in 1994 working with IEEE (ComSoq, Founded 1952) and ISOC (Internet Society, Founded 1992) to put forth a standard for the hardware and software standard for Internet intercommunication. The OS that started the internet revolution was Microsoft with Windows 95 and with a small set of the new standards for Dialup internet and Token Ring high speed (I beleive).

AMD needs to push for accleration of GPGPU applications in the Professional Audio/Video application list ie Adobe Premiere Pro because Cyberlink software is not easy to port from one to the other. The apples and oranges need to be put in a blender and intermixed to work right.

griff

Back