AMD Allegedly Has 200,000 Radeon RX 7900 Series GPUs for Launch Day

Quote yours - lol. You're saying the same thing, first actually. My point is you can't blame AMD for shitty stores that don't do their job.
I literally told you someone posted tight here in this thread.

Go back and read it yourself.

And no, you'll just defend AMD and give them yet another pass. Good job.

Edit: This issue is their responsibility to fix, full stop.

Got proof?
Ask your buddy zero, he's the retail expert. Funny how other people can pull crap out of thin air but when I repeat the same thing - its "got proof'? Double standard.

Go to a grocery store and reach in the back of the shelf. It won't be hard to find out of date items. Basic understanding of retail and having young kids working there is not a difficult concept. There will always be things missed. Full Reality.

Last edited:
I literally told you someone posted tight here in this thread.

Go back and read it yourself.

And no, you'll just defend AMD and give them yet another pass. Good job.

Edit: This issue is their responsibility to fix, full stop.
Full stop? You're right - AMD should hire people to comb the stores and internet themselves. How ridiculous. That has literally happened never. Guess you don't know retail as good as you thought.

Last edited:
I don't get how a store putting defective items that are returned to the store back on the shelf is AMD's fault.

I don't get how a store putting defective items that are returned to the store back on the shelf is AMD's fault.
Without knowing the RMA reason giving to the seller, the seller may not even aware there is an issue. This does mean how much due diligence should the seller perform, but that is whole another topic in itself. I think as far as AMD is concern, there is no defective product since there is never a recall of said affected product.

Full stop? You're right - AMD should hire people to comb the stores and internet themselves. How ridiculous. That has literally happened never. Guess you don't know retail as good as you thought.
Did you forget that AMD identified a "small" batch of the defective vapor chambers? I do. That means they should know which cards were affected; and yet AMD chose to not issue a recall of those units. So, they either know which units were affected and should coordinate with their partners to insure they take back every one of those identified units without question (which they are obviously not doing) or they lied and haven't identified dick and are doing the bare minimum for PR purposes.

AMD should have taken notice of how Nvidia handled the melting connectors issue. Even when it was proven that the issue was 100% user error and self-inflicted. They have gone above and beyond to take back every single one and issue an exchange making the whole ordeal a breeze for those users.

In any case, I'm done discussing this with someone who chooses to ignore facts and defend a corporation.

Did you forget that AMD identified a "small" batch of the defective vapor chambers? I do. That means they should know which cards were affected; and yet AMD chose to not issue a recall of those units. So, they either know which units were affected and should coordinate with their partners to insure they take back every one of those identified units without question (which they are obviously not doing) or they lied and haven't identified dick and are doing the bare minimum for PR purposes.

AMD should have taken notice of how Nvidia handled the melting connectors issue. Even when it was proven that the issue was 100% user error and self-inflicted. They have gone above and beyond to take back every single one and issue an exchange making the whole ordeal a breeze for those users.

In any case, I'm done discussing this with someone who chooses to ignore facts and defend a corporation.

Please, the cards probably already worked their way through inventory seeing as they are selling out quickly. I don't think an RMA is a big deal. The crappy Nvidia connector is of poor design, they know it and they ate it. AMD is eating the defective vapor camber fills from a vendor. A bit different but the end result is the same. We'd all love to hear a story of an AMD customer declined an RMA on this issue - because it doesn't exist. You seem rather slighted about the whole thing and that's amusing because you aren't even a customer of the 7900 XTX.

Have a feeling no matter what AMD would have came up to resolve this - you'd have issues with it.

After the issue was identified AMD stopped selling reference cards at all for a bit and just the other day they had a massive drop, it could be a coincidence but it was most likely due to them making an effort to make sure they didn't ship any more with a faulty vapor chamber. The person that mentioned the issue also had a powercolor branded card which means AMD has no control over or ability to track it if powercolor didn't want to do anything, it certainly doesn't support your theory that AMD is knowingly selling cards with bad coolers and hoping people don't notice (which would be incredibly stupid on AMD's part if they did).

Back