AMD 8320 Temps w/ Corsair H100

DFinan

Weaksauce
Can anyone give me an idea of what temps I should expect on the an AMD 8320 running stock with a corsair H100 with one set of fans (not enough room to do a push/ pull config in the case)?

Whats the best way to check the temp for this processor. Just want to know a good baseline before I try to overclock it and see what I can get out of the 8320.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

David

At stock you'll be in the upper 30's or low 40's depending on what setting the fans are on.

At 4.8 and 1.4V I get temps of 57C under OCCT and 55C under Intel Burn Test with the highest fan setting. For everyday use, I use the low fan setting and I stay in the 40's while gaming occasionally dipping into the upper 50's but not that often. While just browsing online and stuff I'm in the upper 20's to low 30's. Sometimes I'll run on medium fan speed and then I never get out the 40's while gaming. But the low setting is very quiet so I use it as much as I can.

Thanks for the info now i have something to work from. Should have it put together this weekend and see what I can get for an OC out of everything.

Just wanted to add that today it was pretty warm and my little boy was gaming as well with his PC which sits right next to my case and I was staying in the mid 50's and even ventured into the 60-61 mark a couple times while playing Borderlands 2 which keeps several cores working. Had to bump the H100 fan speed up to Medium and that kept it around 53 at max but usually around 49. Guess Ill have to give up a few db of silence but on Medium these things arent that loud so its not that big a deal and hardly what Id call "noisy".

I just wanted to note the temp readings AMD says that it uses a different algorithm to calculate the core temp, and that it's only accurate under load.

basically you will see really low idle core temps, below ambient.

best way to check temperature is VIA AMD Overdrive. The load temperatures are all that matters don't let the idle numbers confuse you.

Got everything put together under a moderate load (played World of tanks for 3 a few hours) Open hardware was showing a 40c temp (had the H100 set to high). Give it a week or see to make sure no unexpected issues pop up then will start the OC and where I can go.

Back