AMD 65nm Overclocking Database

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
Same idea as before :D
old database thread - http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=888001
A64 overclocking guide in there, or an updated version in my sig

Now, the rules. FOLLOW these rules! If you don't, don't complain when your cpu doesn't get added when I update the database. ;)

1) All comments/questions to me should be taken to PM's.

2) To get in the data base, send me a PM with the following information:
  • 1st line of OPN (ex: ADO4400IAA5DD)
  • 2nd line of OPN (ex: CAAFG 0704DPAW)
  • Maximum *STABLE* overclock
  • voltage used for that overclock as set in bios
  • Load temperature in ºC. (Do not lie! This is in place of cooling type since it gives more precise information)
*stable* - at LEAST 6 hours of prime95, preferably on small fft's combined with at least 2 hours of memtest86 to ensure memory stability. If you have an Athlon 64 X2, you must run two instances, and set each to a core, to make sure both cores can do the speeds.

3) *important* If you do not have the 2nd line of the OPN, I will be upset, and add it into a special category of "unknown" cpu's... which means I'll ignore it!

4) If you put the data up, and say that you are not certain that it is the maximum overclock at that voltage, I pill put a star next to it, denoting an "Unfinished Overclock", but please, do not post 50 times as you gain 5mhz each time, because it will just piss me off :(

Hit refresh to view updated database!

revG

brisbane.png

yup, just waiting for a mod to unpin the old one and pin this one :D
edit: thanks papa! ;)

and for some people to post results.. i'll be getting a 65nm.. or two.. as well :D

brisprime.jpg

ram 2.2v cpu 1.375v (1.4-1.42 actual)

im too lazy too look at my CPU code cause its an OEM and my HSF is mounted, cry about it. it is a CAAFG tho

And i cant give you temps because BIOS says 57c idle, and im beta testing coretemp for the guy on XS, but it reports core0 as 8c and core1 as 12c, and somehow i dont think thats right.

im too lazy too look at my CPU code cause its an OEM and my HSF is mounted, cry about it

rules are rules, get onto it asap :eek:
couldn't have been that hard to take a picture of the thing when you got it? :p

of course, it does have the wide umbrella of being the database for "65nm" doesn't it? ;)

as soon as 45nm hits, i'll just make another thread for that :D

Edit : updated because I run my brizzy at 2.9 ghz stable on air.

For those really weird comments of you didnt take a pic of your cpu

I did! But it didnt turn out clear before i mounted it

I wish someone would comment on their memory timings to push their brisbane. So far I can hit 2.8 ghz on my highest. But I can't get the memory settings properly and its holding me back.

EDIT: If i could only figure out what he means by OPN. Im such a nub

New results with modded tforce bios

x2 3600+
ado3600iaa5dd
caaig 0653mpmw
z266113b70029

posts at 1.47vcore 9.5x323.

but not prime stable at 9.5 x 310.

Default vcore was 1.2v. I don't think it's wise to push the vcore anymore.

Still testing..

I tore her apart today and

Here we go

AMD ATHLON 3600+ x2 Brisbane

AD03600IAA5DL
CAAFG 06525PAW
9304402L 60544

So far max Prime stable is 3.106 Gigahertz

I applied Arctic Silver just about an hour ago and right now I am seeing 19 C one one core and 24 C on the other I also applied external monitoring on the CPU and it's showing 34C actual temps on the heatsink *right on the copper near the CPU.

External Bay Solution

CPU Speed

Core volts are actually at 1.47

I will update this post with load temps shortly. I had old load temps
but after i applied AS5. They may be lower.

The load Temps during a long session of CS:Source, HL2, Fear, Sets at 39.2 C

Although I feel lucky with my stepping and setup to reach 3.1 ghz on air and have it stable during prime.
I really feel that these chips hit a limit at 2.8 ghz, because at 2.8 you can usually run default vcore and
there are no signs of stability issues what-so-ever.

Something is wrong here.

Every single CPU I put in these Nviews shows idle in the 40-50. It's not hot in my room.
I just put a 3600+ and idle it's in the 60's! I have to believe it's these Nviews. I'm using a XP120 as well. The heatpipe barely gets warm.

Anyway. Once I finish with these 3 builds I'm doing I will post mine.

ok, i have your data in the db, and i'll put it up once you tell me the load temp.. and use a program, doesn't that little bay thing use a thermal probe to detect temps?

edit: i suppose the temp sensors still need an updated bios to read properly? :confused:

ok, i have your data in the db, and i'll put it up once you tell me the load temp.. and use a program, doesn't that little bay thing use a thermal probe to detect temps?

edit: i suppose the temp sensors still need an updated bios to read properly? :confused:

Yes they are all over the place. I have used core temp and they sit at

19 C
24 C Idle

and during load they hit 37c
and 33c

Respectively.

i bought another 3600+ to see if i can get a better OC. it's a bit better but still priming at home right now.
and there's no way my temps can be true 60C idle on my Thermalright SI-128? i know the nf-m2 nview definitely has a problem with temps. Should I even bother posting them?

After 6 hours, 1 minute, and 17 seconds... I got errors witha 2.8ghz OC.. :-( I was really happy until I started to hear the computer beeping... it's all on stock voltages, so I guess i'll just bump it up.

Can you guys please post what voltages you're setting your ram at? I was at 2.0v with gskill...

I seriously doubt i'll get it to run stable at 3ghz

Okay, so I finally looked what chip I got, it is a CAALG 0706 chip.... It was part of the retail package... I think those of you guys that got the oem only were lucky to get first batch of these? "good steppings" haha

But yeah, it doesn't even run stable at 2.6... in sp2004, it seems to start showing errors right at 6 hours. When I run SuperPi a few times, I get no errors at all.... when I run cpu alone and not cpu\ram blend test I get no errors.... Like cfEclipse said in a post about memtest86, it's not reliable... so thats why I use sp2004, superpi, and 3dmark. woot.

Still, can't beat the price and decent overclock.

noob, even if it's not a great result, i still wanna put it in the database. if i only get the best chips in there, it will give a skewed representation :D

now at 2.6ghz, what voltage are you using? and what heatsink? and what are the last 4 letters of the stepping? ;)

noob, even if it's not a great result, i still wanna put it in the database. if i only get the best chips in there, it will give a skewed representation :D

now at 2.6ghz, what voltage are you using? and what heatsink? and what are the last 4 letters of the stepping? ;)

I'm using one of those opteron heatsinks with the 4 heatpipes & AS5.... I have a zalman 9500, but I got it before AM2 was released and don't have the special bracket for it... so that's in my wifes rig.

My overclocks were on stock voltages... i'll do more testing on it for the rest of the week and i'll give you my final results then. :)

As for the chip, it's
AD03600IAA5DD
CAALG 0706TWMW

Will finish entry this weekend but for now

x2 3600
AD03600IAA5DL
CAAFGD6525PMW
9304419L60346

I got mine up to 2.615 Ghz, but I dont' have the processor serial numbers and such due to the fact I put it together before I saw this thread. I am running on a Biostar Tforce 550, some cheap azz A Data ddr2 667, stock voltage. I ran out of overclocking room when at 2.7 ghz the motherboard seemed to quit being able to detect my hard drives, otherwise I am sure there was room to go. Using a Zalman Cooler running at about 41 degrees Celsius. The only way I figure I can take it further is to purchase PCI SATA2 Raid adapter and run it in a PCI slot (Which I think is locked in speed since I locked the PCIe down), but I think that I will just stick with what I got, since I put my whole system together with a Gforce 8800 320 MB for under $650.

Just as an update to those interested,

Price of 3600 brisbane oem cpu's have dropped to $69 bucks at newegg now. Tforce combo is now around $130.

I just bought the tforce Brisbane combo last night, should get it sometime next week. I'm excited to are how much I can oc it.

I just bought the tforce Brisbane combo last night, should get it sometime next week. I'm excited to are how much I can oc it.

did you get all the cpu information before you installed it!? Let's go ahead and see what you got so far :)

CF, What's up with my setup?? I have been running stable at 1.3v set in the bios at 2.8ghz... and no errors for 13 hours on blend test. My Ram is at stock 2.0 voltages too... I didn't know , but after checking with speedfan & coretemp, pceprobe, and the bios... all the voltages are different and so are the temps. I am guessing the bios is adding 0.1V more than it's supposed to so when I thought it was at stock volts it was actually adding. I think that's why my previous overclocks were way off.

So now it's like I have to start from scratch, but so far it IS stable at 2.8ghz & DDR800 w/ 533 divider. 9.5 X 295... Also, the CPU temp in pc probe reports it's 28c stable which seems about right? Load temp is 45c Core temp reports them as 8c & 9c which is WAY off I bet. haha. the ambient temp in my room is 64f... Oh, & speedfan reports it as 10c.

*I forgot to mention I also did memtests on each stick individually overnight for the past two days and no errors.

Back