Amazon Payments issue

prtzlboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Update:

Okay, this time the 2nd deposit showed up. I waited over a week the first time I did it--the first deposit came in 2 days and the second deposit never came. This time the deposits came on day 2 and day 3. So, I'm now accepting Amazon Payments. Yay?

Like many of you guys here on [H], I've been fucked in the ass by eBay and Paypal for the last time, and am switching payment methods. Sorry for the language, but that's how strongly I feel about eBay's fraud-friendly policies.

I've decided to go with Amazon Payments, but I'm having an issue verifying my bank account. They said they'd make two small deposits, but I only see one. I waited a week just to be sure, but there's just the one. I've even started a 2nd try verifying my account and, again, I only see one deposit.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
Isn't there another way to verify your bank account? I know I went with the other way instead of doing the two deposits method

Only "instant verification" as far as I know, and apparently my bank doesn't support that method. I use a small local credit union, and they're not exactly very advanced.

That's never happened to me before. I remember having to wait another day for the other deposit. But that was it, I got it verified.

I'm with a credit union as well, and boy are they not advanced.

Only "instant verification" as far as I know, and apparently my bank doesn't support that method. I use a small local credit union, and they're not exactly very advanced.

Oh right that would make sense since I use Chase

so no one else had had this issue? Well I'll just have to call my bank and see if there's something on their end that's going wrong. I'll update this thread when I find out more.

In the meantime if you know what the problem might be feel free to post it.

i didn't had problem either, (like you i also use small credit union) try to call them up and see if they can figure it out.

Just a wild guess, but maybe your bank is taking the 2 small deposits, adding them up and just making them one transaction

IIRC I think I had one deposit soon, and then a second deposit later. They weren't both deposited on the same day I don't think.

eBay's fraud-friendly policies

As a seller? I would be careful on Amazon too. I had someone claim they never received an item from me, of which I have delivery confirmation proof of delivery (from Amazon's own label service no less). Guess what, they took my money and gave it back to the buyer.

They said DC was not enough to prove it was delivered- signature confirmation is required.

Long story short, I am out a laptop and the money it was worth. Lesson= only deal with H members.

Definitely have had major issues selling on Amazon. IMHO it is VERY unfair to sellers.

As with Mr34727's post above, their "A-to-Z Guarantee" completely favors buyers. I had the same issue where a delivered package had a claim to it, and their useless support staff in India sided with the buyer since I "agreed to the terms of service by using amazon marketplace". Regardless of delivery confirmation, etc...

Beware of amazon marketplace.

Oh I won't be selling on Amazon either. I just wanted to switch payment methods since Paypal is owned by eBay. Amazon's policies may not be better, but at least their fees are supposed to be lower, and if I'm gonna risk getting fucked, I shouldn't have to have to pay for the privilege.

These guys really need to re-evaluate their "protection" policies. It seems like it's actually worse now than a couple years ago, which is really messed up.

Also, I updated the original post: problem has been solved.

Well, I recently signed up for Amazon payments, and my 2 deposits were made 1 day apart, but I did not have any other issues with the verification process at all. And I also deal with a small, locally owned & operated bank...

As for selling on Amazon, I was thinkin about it UNTIL I read the user agreement word for word start to finish.......

Thanks but No thanks azonmasta ! They would have to SIGNIFICANTLY change their policies to get me to sell there.....too much waffling with unclear terminology & slanted (favors the buyers 99% of the time), one-sided terms for me :eek:

So I will still use them for payments & to buy stuff but thats all...............

I guess because I've been a paypal member for over a decade now they must treat me different. I've never had an issue on multiple scam attempts for items I've sold. I've always received top notch service when having to file my own claims as well. Amazon on the other hand has screwed me more than once with not so much as a kiss or at least a dollar menu dinner first. I remain loyal to those who have taken care of me through 6figures worth of transactions.

I guess because I've been a paypal member for over a decade now they must treat me different. I've never had an issue on multiple scam attempts for items I've sold. I've always received top notch service when having to file my own claims as well. Amazon on the other hand has screwed me more than once with not so much as a kiss or at least a dollar menu dinner first. I remain loyal to those who have taken care of me through 6figures worth of transactions.

I kinda fall in this category. I heard all the hate for Paypal all these years. Personally I've moved a ton of money in and out, never an issue, never a problem.

1 guy tried to dispute against me in all that time and it was resolved in about 7 minutes in my favor.

So, I guess I'm just lucky

From my experience buying stuff on amazon is that if you go through amazon fullfillemnt it is easier as a buyer. Sellers tend to be cheap on packaging compared to Amazon fulfillemnt and often their stuff is not as described

example 1

I bought a receiver from a seller and it was damaged in shipping. Per Amazon policy I made contact with the seller and we worked it out. I still have receiver and have replaced the faceplate for $35.

Seller mistake you ask? Not double boxing item to protect it from damage (ie put receiver in OEM box and then put it in another box paded with popcorn) Seller sent item in oem box not meant to go through the rigors of the sucky UPS or Fed-Ex package manglers.

example 2

I ordered a DVD from seller and it never showed up, kept all documentation from seller promising to ship item. Submitted documentation to Amazon and got a refund.

example 3

I bought a used HD2 that was claimed to be *like new* with charger and OEM accessories. I got the phone screen has some scratches on it and there are NO OEM accessories and some peice of crap charger. For $240 it was acceptable but not new condition...I have since transferred my digitizer to new phone and called it a day.

Back