Am i running correctly??

ktk_ace

Limp Gawd
Erm does folding fold if im running webpages on opera and Bt and winamp etc... it says 0 out of 30000 steps for around 15 mins already....-.-
am i running coreectly?? pls help :confused:

You should be in good shape. You'll want to check your task manager and make sure that FahCore_XX.exe is using almost all the CPU time available. Folding will give CPU time back to those applications, so there won't any issues running all of that stuff concurrently.

If you're running the console client, and wish to visually verify it's running, you've got a couple of options, you can use EM3, or FAHMon which will both monitor the client and let you know if there are any issues. Information on both can be found in the FAQ.

Welcome to the team!

you're fine, frames can take a while depending on A)what protein it is and B)how fast your computer is

so, how fast is your computer?
and are you using the console or the graphical client? most people recommend the console as it can both be hidden as a service (you have the option to install it as a service during the installation) and it tends to be a lot more stable and faster than the graphical

i use the console and use EMIII to monitor it, makes for a great combination :)

welcome to the [H]orde!

welcome to the team! theres not much i could say they haven't so welcome to the addiction :cool:

im on a p4 478 legged 3.0 gig machine with 512 meg ram running win p pro sp2.

and about the FAQ, where is it? in this forum or the bar on top???

110/400 steps now ^^

oh when i run the console version there isnt any connection on my firewall(sygate) ,i heard that console version is faster but it doesnt work as it doesnt send.... can anyone help? do i need to set to IE settings for connectivity?

The IE settings will probably work. However, you may have to manually create the exception to the firewall for it to work right. No idea how to do that; maybe someone will stop by later who can help you better, though.

Fold on!

Back