Alphacool extendable AIOs

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
I'm thinking of putting the extendable Eiswolf AIO for my GPU - and in future add the 280 CPU prefilled system to it (and maybe another rad). However I met with mixed reviews about quality of that Eiswolf / Eisbaer system - some reviews say they are great, while others mention debatable quality - flimsy plastics and so on.

Anyone got any experience with those systems? Are they really decent (for the price) or are they poor quality worksmanship ?

I am going to have a Eisbaer 240 in on Friday. I will post something when it comes in.

Finally got it in. It was a bear to get installed. the backplate is some sort of sliding arrangement to line up with the holes on the socket. The two sided tape was useless and required me to tape it to the back of the motherboard until I got the first two screws going in. Those too are on some sliding arrangement and took time to finally line everything up. The threads on one nut that holds the hold down screws was a little messed up and required a pair of pliers to go through. I will mention it was bur in the threads and was cleared after doing this. Some fins were bent and was easily fixed with a steady hand. The way they want you to mount the rad is only for people with small hands or a lot of patience. So I ended up using the long ones to mount the fans to the rad in a push configuration and the short ones to mount the rad to the case. The fluid that is used inside is a glycol/ water mix. The quick disconnect was solid and I can't see problems with it unless you grog nog it like that one guy on gamers nexus. I bought it so I can replace the tubing with hard line. I also plan add a their GPU block and 360 rad. I got it running with my 6700k 4.7 @1.31 volts. Temps did not exceed 57C in a 22C room. Running full adia64. A Zotac GTX 970 was the GPU. I am waiting on the 1080ti block now.

IMAG0031[1].jpg
IMAG0033[1].jpg

Back