All New Exclusive Pics of Unreleased Shuttle Media Center

TheGeneral

Limp Gawd
Thanks to a friend of mine who is sneakier than most, he gained access to a Shuttle conference room at CES and snapped some pics and overheard specs of a new Shuttle Media Center. It runs on a Dothan processor using Sonoma chipset and thus contains DDR2 memory as well as PCI-E gfx.Also uses riser cards so you can install full size cards as well. It has component out in the back, and a cable card slot, it will be released along with the second itteration of MCE 2005 which will have supported for flagged HD Content, this OS will be called emerald. Ive included the pics at bottom.

img00554er.jpg

img00562lw.jpg

Nice scoop but i think theres an email already on its way to Kyles inbox from shuttle
Can u guess what it says ;)
maybe you should choose a less googleable title

Cool.
Flagged hdd content? Like someone has a stolen copy of lets say: msflightsim 04, they will be getting an email shortly after using this? And I have a legal copy of msflightsim 04 if you are wondering.

Hotswappable 2.5 inch hdd port?

GlobalFear said:
Cool.
Flagged hdd content? Like someone has a stolen copy of lets say: msflightsim 04, they will be getting an email shortly after using this? And I have a legal copy of msflightsim 04 if you are wondering.

Hotswappable 2.5 inch hdd port?

Flagged HD is flagged HiDef, its like DRM for TV and it sucks.

i wish i could have made it to CES this year, i went three years ago, and last year, and both times were awesome. there is so much sweet stuff there. i guess i will have to wait till comdex or ces next year :(

anyways, that shuttle is sick looking, i would love to have one of those in my media rack!

lithium726 said:
that thing is awesome. any idea on $?

"if you have to ask you probably cant afford it ;)"

it looks like it will be expensive, but i dont knwo

TheGeneral said:
i didnt know VCRs had USB ports, CF card slots and hard drive ports.

Key word...LOOKS. Meaning he think it LOOKS like a VCR from the 80's, not that it has the functionality of a VCR from the 80's.

I also happen to agree with him, that it looks like a VCR from the 80's. Why can't companies make something that is useful (they can check that one off) AND make that same item look good?

It has component out in the back, and a cable card slot,

do you guys know of currently available cards that support these features thru pci, or even pci-e?

Back