Alcohol Screwing up volume label display in Explorer

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
With alcohol, if I enable/have a virtual drive, the ability for explorer to display/update the volume icon and text ceases to function. Not only that but when I put a CD into the drive and open it, sometimes I can't see the contents of the disc anymore. This problem is directly attributed to alcohol's virtual drive. I don't know how to resolve this except disable the virtual drive and restart. I haven't found any information about this on the internet and I don't know why. I have this problem on every machine that has alcohol installed which also happens to have the virtual drive enabled.

Windows/Explorer's ability to update and access the system's CD DVD optical drive's label icon and contents is affected/compromised when the virtual drive for alcohol is enabled and would like to know if anybody has the answer to this problem. The help provided by microsoft's website doesn't work primarily because this is an issue caused by alcohol and not windows. I would also like to point out that access to the system's drive isn't entirely inaccessible since alcohol and EAC detects the discs perfectly. This problem is especially evident on pure music CDs and less of (but still a problem) on DATA or DATA/Music CDs.

Back