Alan Wake 2

And what difference does that make in the end?
It means people who have a 1060 on some shit laptop will still play it instead of getting a CTD, forcing them onto some other game and causing Epic to lose money because of a refund?

Just people looking for their GPU tabloid drama
I thought it was interesting because I've seen no less than 8 different tech sites saying that Pascal and the 5xxx series WILL NOT work with this game, so who is starting the drama?

Remedy.

It means people who have a 1060 on some shit laptop will still play it instead of getting a CTD, forcing them onto some other game and causing Epic to lose money because of a refund?
The video here:
https://hardforum.com/threads/alan-wake-2.2015983/post-1045762983

Seem to show the game completely unplayable below the low preset at 540p on a 1070 on a new top end CPU system. Saying that the game does not work his not that far of an hyperbole, the company not supported claim make a lot of sense.

I thought it was interesting because I've seen no less than 8 different tech sites saying that Pascal and the 5xxx series WILL NOT work with this game, so who is starting the drama?
Usually a company would say not officially supported, not not working. Seem to be the case here after a quick look that what remedy said.

Remedy.

NO developer in their right mind would have listed these cards within the minimum specs if you look at this horrible performance. Remedy did everything right.

The video here:
https://hardforum.com/threads/alan-wake-2.2015983/post-1045762983

Seem to show the game completely unplayable below the low preset at 540p on a 1070 on a new top end CPU system. Saying that the game does not work.

Usually a company would say not officially supported, not not working. Seem to be the case here after a quick look that what remedy said.
What is unplayable to you or me, runs just fine for the majority of people I have to deal with that still try to game with 10 year old HW.

NO developer in their right mind would have listed these cards within the minimum specs if you look at this horrible performance. Remedy did everything right.
Have you seen how well the min "supported" GPU, the 3060 runs??

sounds absolutely stunning in terms of gameplay, story and graphics...the gaming trifecta!...this might be the Epic Store exclusive game that finally gets the Epic haters to put aside their hate and buy the game on the Epic Store (versus Steam)

It still runs like shit and you know it.
Yeah low FPS, that's what to be expected, but it is at least playable if the frametimes are OK. I'm not familiar with mesh shaders, but I suspect that they might be used more often in the city scene than in the forest scene and that's why the frametimes on GPUs without mesh shader support go fucking crazy there.

All this talk of will it run on my toaster… no it won’t… buy a 4090.

I’m joking.

Actually, not to joke… how privileged are we to come home from work today and spend hours gaming on kick ass hardware… with everything that’s happening in the world… the Ukraine… Gaza… this has been the worst year of my life, yet I still feel privileged. :)

Yeah low FPS, that's what to be expected, but it is at least playable if the frametimes are OK. I'm not familiar with mesh shaders, but I suspect that they might be used more often in the city scene than in the forest scene and that's why the frametimes on GPUs without mesh shader support go fucking crazy there.
Yeah @ 960x540 DLSS Performance I would hope that it's playable.

sounds absolutely stunning in terms of gameplay, story and graphics...the gaming trifecta!...this might be the Epic Store exclusive game that finally gets the Epic haters to put aside their hate and buy the game on the Epic Store (versus Steam)
I wouldn't bet the farm on that. ;)

Sadly it seems Epic has not invested any time/resources into their launcher because it is still pretty bare bones. Never going to compete with Steam if they don't.

Yeah @ 960x540 DLSS Performance I would hope that it's playable.

🤣 Fair enough. By the way, two scenes say nothing at all. A GPU without mesh support could crash at any time, like it was mentioned when the warning showed up.

🤣 Fair enough. By the way, two scenes say nothing at all. A GPU without mesh support could crash at any time, like it was mentioned when the warning showed up.
Valid point.
It remains to be seen if the potatoes of the world can fully conquer AW2. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: lors
like this
LOl@ the pascal hubbub. I love Pascal as much as anyone here. I had a 1080 for 5 years. But let's face it, these are soon to be 8 year old cards. Did you really think a 8 year old pascal card was going to be in any recommended min specs for a essentially a 2024 AAA game? Look at their last game from 4 years ago how did pascal run that then? Shame on amd for the Radeon 5700 series though. Came out the same year as turing well actually Turing came toward the end of the previous year before rdna 1. But i also somewhat blame microsoft. DX 12 ultimate should've imo been called 13 maybe i'm wrong on that.

If a console can run this game.. a PC can.. people getting crazy about how demanding this game is lol. Yes PT will be demanding but a good engine scales with lower GPUs too.

To bad its not on Steam.. I would have bought it.. Only 50$ too.. :)

If a console can run this game.. a PC can.. people getting crazy about how demanding this game is lol. Yes PT will be demanding but a good engine scales with lower GPUs too.

To bad its not on Steam.. I would have bought it.. Only 50$ too.. :)
Maybe actually look at reviews as the game is extremely demanding even without PT.

PC (at least the vocal part) gamers are much more demanding.
And the console able to run that game at 30 fps/1200p are not that bad of a PC hardware wise, I imagine people expect to be able to run it a low-mid setting, no RT, 1080p-30/35 ishfps (With moment that goes in the low 20s) with a rtx 2070 because it can run on a console, but they often want more FPS than that.

Yeah 7/8 year run ain't bad even $23 GPU owners know they gotta upgrade eventually - rules of the game

If a console can run it.. A PC can..
Are you even reading what you're typing? Please actually pay more attention as you're acting like no one should be worried about the game being demanding when it's actually the complete opposite. Again, go look at reviews and stop with your nonsense as people do need a fairly beefy computer.

"$23 GPU"?

whatever-all-that.gif

I'm pretty damned excited now. Since the PC port is good to go, I went ahead and did a last-minute pre-order. My game backlog is pretty long, but I think I'm going to jump straight into this one since it's seasonally appropriate.

Looks okay to me in the videos. Good in some ways, but the shadows seem a bit lacking. Will have to see it myself but texture detail doesn't look as good as The Last of Us. But I think graphically they look similar, excluding the ray tracing options. The problem is this game seems to get low frame rates. TLOU was patched and made to run much better eventually though; I am kind of doubting this will.

Though I suppose I will see myself soon how it looks because Youtube compression often makes a game look worse than it actually is.

Reactions: hu76
like this
Back