AIW 9700 Pro Probelm

xomegax

Weaksauce
For a few months now, I would be sitting at my computer and my monitor would all of a sudden go black and say "no signal". So I would turn the monitor off and then back on and it still said the same thing. After that I would just hard reboot my system, because I guess the system locked up because I try to use the windows keys and do a normal shut down, but it wouldn't work. So, when windows comes back it says the computer was shut down when a device failure accured and that device was the video card, btw i have windows XP pro. It also notes that it could be a driver problem, however its been doing this since the cat's 3.6 - 4.1, and I've also reformated my computer several times, however it still happens. Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, or should i just RMA the card? Thanks for any input.

Does your resolution go down to 640x480? If so it sounds like you suffer from an AGP 8X problem. Only solution is to bring it down to AGP 4X (in CMOS settings). This was a problem with the first dual channel Intel motherboards released (mine being a Gigabyte 8INXP).

i have an ic7-max3, and before it, i had an ic7-g.. both boards suffered the same problem.

if it didnt' work on both mobos its most likely the vid card.

could it be your power supply?

I'm using an antec 400w, that came with my antec case.. haven't had any problems as of yet with any other componets. /shrug, I think I'm just gonna RMA, thanks for the help ;)

Back