AIO for 2700X or i7-8700K? No OC

pavel

Gawd
I was wondering what is a good cooler if you don't OC or if it's only minor.

Intel doesn't include a cooler and I wanted a better cooler than what AMD includes.

Is a Corsair H60 sufficient or is there anything that would do a good job and cool the cpu if you ever try to stress it (for e.g., the stress tests one can do to test how it performs under stress)?

Any AIO will do, honestly. Frankly though, if you're in the market for a cooler for that use case, I'd go with a burly air cooler long before considering an AIO, unless you've got serious case restrictions.

Dunno about the Intel but any of the better air coolers will handle the 2700X. I can vouch for the Scythe in my sig, for instance.

I've had a PII 975BE @ 4GHz on a H60 since 2013 in my media server. After 12hrs of Handbrake, I see max temps of 56°C. But that's comparing apples to watermelons, even though that Deneb core sucks down some juice an puts out mega heat. I've seen a lot worse than an H60, just saying.

The corsair H60 or high end Air-cooler is more than enough if you aren't OCing. If you want to OC, get a 240mm or 280mm AIO liquid cooler.

The Corsair H90 keeps my i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz running Gimps prime 95 search 53c It is a single 140mm, I do have a push/pull fan setup.

Unless you have case restrictions, grab a decent air-cooler and call it a day.. You save a buck, and less possible point of failure (pump). Just ensure if you go AM4 that the cooler comes with an AM4 mount.

I am using a Captain 240EX on my most recent personal machine. It has the 8700K. Its fine without any overclock. If I do decide to overclock I will first delid. With that done, I am certain I could get a decent overclock. But like others have said!: Just use any good cooler and you will be fine. When I first built this PC I was using the Hyper212 because the first AIO I ordered was DOA (EVGA 240MM model). The Hyper212 did just fine. If you don't plan to overclock either of those CPU's you can pretty much use any of the top coolers and be fine.

Last edited:
Back