Aftermarket cooling for 8800GT.

Admiral-Awesome

Weaksauce
I'm buying a used 8800GT off of someone here on [H], the smaller fan on the card can get quite loud from what I hear - what do you guys suggest is the best aftermarket VGA cooling system for the money these days? I want a rather cheap solution if possible. Thanks.

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2

Cheap (should be able to find it under $25) and cools amazingly. Strap a low speed 120mm fan to it and go to town.

Thermaright HR03-GT is the best on the market... but will be hard to find.. maybe used easier

That was a good article, but since then there are some better ones. Accelero S1 comes to mind.

True, but unless one is doing hardcore overclocking with voltage mods, the top aftermarket heatsinks in that article are more than adequate for an 8800gt.

How much are used 8800GT cards going for these days. I'm sitting on two of them after I upgraded to a GTX 275?

if you are buying a used card and throwing in another $25 for the cooler, you should have just bought a better card to begin with.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I have a hurricane h92, i will sell it for 15 plus shipping. Its the bare heatsink but i ghetto modded it to have longer cables by just cutting them and adding more. PM me for details

Back