Afer installing vid drivers desktop shifted left

Mtt83

Limp Gawd
I need help. I just did a clean install of Vista home premium 964-bit) after upgrading my pc. Everything is fine until I install the video drivers. After installing them, the entire desktop is shifted to the left and I cannot see the whole thing, start button included. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've googled for a while now on my backup pc but can't find a thing. :(

what video card and what monitor? If it's a flat panel using a VGA cable, try hitting the auto adjust button if there is one.

I'm running a nvidia 8800gt and a 24" LG monitor. No settings to adjust on the monitor.

I think you need to adjust your monitor with the controls on your screen there should be an auto adjust if you monitor is new if not you'll have to manually adjust it....

No, there is no software to adjust it. I think part of the problem is that after installing the drivers vista considers my monitor a plug n play hdtv, which it isn't.

No, there is no software to adjust it. I think part of the problem is that after installing the drivers vista considers my monitor a plug n play hdtv, which it isn't.

go through the menu on the monitor. Are you using a DVI or VGA cable? or another cable entirely.

I'm using the hdmi to dvi cable that came with the monitor. And I've gone through every possible menu item on the monitor...you canNOT move the screen around via the menu.

I'm using the hdmi to dvi cable that came with the monitor. And I've gone through every possible menu item on the monitor...you canNOT move the screen around via the menu.

nope not when DVI is connected. Have you tried changing resolutions?

I have the same monitor, 2 in fact, and an 8800GTX. There was someone who had this problem in the LG monitor thread, I am running XFX 169.32 drivers for Vista 64-bit if it helps. No problems for me.

Back