Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 freezing on me

S

shade91

This just happened recently. I'm running Acrobat Reader 6.0.1. When I go to run the program the program opens the splash screen and just sits there. The CPU usage on the program is at like 65-70%.

Anybody experience something like this? I uninstalled, cleared out the Acrobat REader directory, reinstalled, and still this problem. I haven't installed anything new lately so I haven't the slightest clue as to what the problem could be.

I also tried the repair function under Add/Remove Programs -> Acrobat 6.0.1. Still nothing. Nothing in my event viewer as well.

There was one minor thing though. This problem occured under 6.0 as well but it would say "Attempting to locate Acrobat.. not running".. or something like that.

This is under XP Pro SP1.

Use acrobat 5. Also I think there is a fix somewhere on the internet that fixes the slowness of Acrobat 6.

I have the same problem, and thats with 5.0 and W2K
and nothing Ive tried has resolved the issue
I just monitor my CPU usage and terminate the process when it occurs :rolleyes:

happens about one out of six times

PS> darktiger
you need to whack that sig down to ten lines
(including any line spaces) per the rules
"No sig lines with cussing in them and no sig lines with more than ten line total at 15 words per line, other will be grounds for immediate removal of your posting privileges. "

looks like it would be pretty easy to contract say
Audigy 2 & Klipsch 5.1
Liteon 52X24X52 & Pioneer A06

;)

i had to install acrobat and was too lazy to copy the v5 installer so i just downloaded v6 and it took forever to install and run (but maybe it's because it was on a 500mhz machine). version 5 forever :)

I figured it out. I removed everything from \Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp. There were like 3000 acrobat temp files. I guess that was choking up Acrobat.

Back