Adding Center Channel

Vertigo528

Limp Gawd
I am a little bit uninformed when it comes to audio configurations and possibilities and I'm wondering what it would take to add a center channel to my existing configuration, if it is even possible (or practical).

I have had a Monsoon MM2000 4.1 speaker system for 3-4 years. I have an Audigy 2 sound card. The four satellites connect into the sub by way of those little spring loaded connections. I'm not unhappy with the system at all so I really don't want to buy new speakers just for a center channel if I don't have to.

Is this practical or should I just look at upgrading my entire PC audio setup instead? I would also be interested in hearing economical (~$500) home theater solutions to use with my PC but I know a lot of information already exists for this so I don't want to make that the main topic of this thread. Primary use is gaming and music.

Thanks in advance.

from what youve described no matter how you do the center it will not sound right. You could buy a splitter for your 1/8" connection into the sound card and connect a speaker into the green/front channel one, but thats not technically what you want. What connections go from your sub to the computer? are there 3 cords or only 2? Not sure how spllitting the center/sub connection out from the soundcard to your sub/another speaker would work out. I honestly don't think you will get the sound you are hoping for with just adding a center speaker.

from what youve described no matter how you do the center it will not sound right. You could buy a splitter for your 1/8" connection into the sound card and connect a speaker into the green/front channel one, but thats not technically what you want. What connections go from your sub to the computer? are there 3 cords or only 2? Not sure how spllitting the center/sub connection out from the soundcard to your sub/another speaker would work out. I honestly don't think you will get the sound you are hoping for with just adding a center speaker.

I was basically figuring that. There is a volume control that has 3 cords coming out of it. One is green and one is purple; these are both plugged into the sound card. The third is a larger connection that connects into the sub.

I am thinking I will just need to look at better speakers and a receiver.

Back