Adding a 8 pin adapter for more GPUs?

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
Currently, I have
-TB 250
-Seasonic 1250W
-3x 1080 ti
-2x 1070

All undervolted so that it's drawing 820W from the wall. I'm wondering if it's better to add a second PSU or get buy a some 8 Pin to molex etc if I'm looking to add in 1 more GPU? I don't have enough cables that come with the PSU right now.

Buy a splitter and don't go over 1000watts. Make sure not to go over 300ish watts per 8pin total.

80% rule is your friend with electricity.

80% of 1250w is 1000w.

Also 18awg are great but 16awp wires are the key to happiness.

Molex to 8 pin works. You can also forego adapters completely by purchasing additional 8 pin cables from seasonic. Who knows, they might just throw you one for free :)

If not sleeved cables that are meant to replace your original ones also works. Tons of custom cable kit vendors out there and you don't have to buy the entire kit. And you would be able to use it for your personal rig once this whole venture is over.

what is a pcie splitter, i agree molex is dodge sometimes mine melted once with a hard drive.
I have seen SATA to PCIe are those maybe better?
OR rather 6 Pin PCIe to 8 Pin PCIe ?

sata to pcie is worse.

go on ebay and look up pcie splitter. look for 8pin to 2 - 6pin or 8 pin to 2 - 6+2pin or 8pin to 2 - 8pinor 6pin to 2 - 6pin

Don't use the SATA to 8 pin from frys. They are not weird right. They kept shutting down my system until I took some measurements and found them with a 5 volt line that should be 12 and ground to only one pin.

what is a pcie splitter, i agree molex is dodge sometimes mine melted once with a hard drive.
I have seen SATA to PCIe are those maybe better?
OR rather 6 Pin PCIe to 8 Pin PCIe ?

These are PCIe power splitters that are being recommended over other connectors.

Probleminfected has it right, just add "power" into that query:
go on ebay and look up pcie splitter. look for 8pin to 2 - 6pin or 8 pin to 2 - 6+2pin or 8pin to 2 - 8pinor 6pin to 2 - 6pin

Not to be confused with PCIe lane splitters.

Back