Add storage to C:\ (operating system drive) partition on PERC 4/DC?

pookguy88

Gawd
Is it possible to add some space to a partition (in my case, C:\) that has a Windows (Server 2003) installation on it already? I'm hoping I can so I don't have to re-install Windows after adding space to the partition after wiping it out.

Thanks!

We need more information.

You have a partition on what. A single drive connected to your Perc 4 or a raid array? Do you have more than one partition? You want to make the system partition bigger how? By resizing it by taking space from another partition? Or by adding to the array if there is one?

We need more information.

You have a partition on what. A single drive connected to your Perc 4 or a raid array? Do you have more than one partition? You want to make the system partition bigger how? By resizing it by taking space from another partition? Or by adding to the array if there is one?

Sorry for the lack of info:

- There's a RAID 5 array on the PERC 4 right now, it's split up into 2 partitions, C: and D: drive

- Yes, I want to make the system partition bigger by adding to the array.

Check to see if the Perc4 supports OCE or Online Capacity Expansion. I think the Perc 5 supports that but not sure about the Perc 4

Ok, I looked it up, and it looks like it does support OCE. I've got a question about my RAID configuration though. On Dell OpenManage it says I've got my 4 HDs in RAID5 with one virtual disk, however in Windows there are 2 paritions (c: and d:). Does this mean the virtual disk has been partitioned into 2 drives? Or is my C: drive some other drive physically that's not part of the RAID5 array?

Back