ADATA XPG SX8200 vs Silicon Power P34A80 (Phison vs SM)

petar_b

n00b
Hi all,

I am curious what more knowledgeable users think of them in terms of durability, life span, performance drop over time, etc.

Here are benchmarks these for those who have doubts which one is better performer.

Silicon Power P34A80 2TB, M.2 (SP002TBP34A80M28)- Phison PS5012-E12 (Toshiba 64 layer, TLC)
2.png

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, M.2 (ASX8200PNP-2TT-C) - Silicon Motion SM2262EN (Micron 64 layer, TLC)
1.png

Just for the reference, my "old" Micron SSD that I have replaced with bigger ones:
3.png

Last edited:
Your results look skewed, should also be careful to check the hardware on those as it's subject to change. However in any case: the SM2262EN is the better consumer controller and is likewise paired with a large SLC cache for bursty consumer workloads. The E12 has co-processors which let it handle heavier workloads better (hence the much higher IOPS) and its SLC cache is generally small to match. In subjective terms, the average user won't see much difference between the two, but the SX8200 Pro is again the better daily driver, gaming drive, etc., while I'd lean to the P34A80 as a workspace drive. At 2TB these drives traditionally oversaturated the controller - 64 dies for 32-CE controllers - but has changed over time as now you can find them with 512Gb TLC sometimes (again, you have to check this).

Back