Activision, 2K Games Confirm X360 Launch Titles

Ateam311

Limp Gawd
As seen here on File Rush and stated here on Reuters, Activision and 2K Games/2K Sports have reveiled their launch titles for the Xbox 360. These titles will be available when the Xbox 360 launches in the U.S. on November 22 (December 2 in Europe).

2K Games / 2K Sports:

• Amped 3 - Screenshots
• NBA 2K6 - Screenshots
• NHL 2K6 - Screenshots
• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Screenshots
• Top Spin 2 - Screenshots

Activision:

• Call of Duty 2 - Screenshots
• Gun - Screenshots
• Quake 4 - Screenshots
• Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Screenshots

Bizarre Creations / Microsoft Game Studios:

• Project Gotham Racing 3 - Screenshots

Electronic Arts:

• FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup - Screenshots
• Madden NFL 06 - Screenshots
• NBA Live 06 - Screenshots
• Need For Speed Most Wanted - Screenshots
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 - Screenshots

Namco:

• Ridge Racer 6 - Screenshots

Rare / Microsoft Game Studios:

• Kameo: Elements of Power - Screenshots
• Perfect Dark Zero - Screenshots

Update: Oct. 7 @ 3:04 PM EDT
- Added Top Spin 2 Screenshot Link
- Added Ridge Racer 6 to List (Confirmed here)
- Added Ridge Racer 6 Screenshot Link

Does anyone else think this is an impressive launch title selection?

NBA 2K6, Tony Hawk, Elder Scrolls, Need for Speed, Perfect Dark...plus Top Spin 2! By the way, where did Top Spin come from? I haven't heard anything about it. Virtua Tennis/Top Spin were two of my fav. games...does anyone have any info on it?

tys90 said:
Does anyone else think this is an impressive launch title selection?

NBA 2K6, Tony Hawk, Elder Scrolls, Need for Speed, Perfect Dark...plus Top Spin 2! By the way, where did Top Spin come from? I haven't heard anything about it. Virtua Tennis/Top Spin were two of my fav. games...does anyone have any info on it?
Top Spin 2 has been talked about quite a bit for the GBA, but I have heard very little about it for the Xbox 360. Which is why I have no screenshots.

their is screenshots of top spin, i saw it sumwhere bt foprgot so cants ay whr but it looks absolutely stunning!! btw is top spin 2 made by the same people who made virtua tennis?

Bop said:
Is Ridge Racer 6 a launch title?
Has not been discussed recently, but I do not think it will be.

jonneymendoza said:
their is screenshots of top spin, i saw it sumwhere bt foprgot so cants ay whr but it looks absolutely stunning!! btw is top spin 2 made by the same people who made virtua tennis?
I realize that, but I don't steal screenshots from other sites. I've attempted to contact 2K (finally) about getting some and will post them if and when I receive them.

much more impressive launch then when the xbox originally came out with, but i was hoping for more action/rpg style games other then sports :(

how ever, when i receive my x360 i can not complain about those choices i have to waste many of hours on

Trimlock said:
much more impressive launch then when the xbox originally came out with, but i was hoping for more action/rpg style games other then sports :(

how ever, when i receive my x360 i can not complain about those choices i have to waste many of hours on

That is just Activision and 2K....there are more companies than that making games for the X360 launch. You will get your action/rpg at launch.

i guess you are right

i have no idea why i thought only those companies would have titles on the launch day

It is an impressive launch list. While it does lack games that would cater to a more Japanese market (i.e. non-sports, non-FPS) it certainly is respectable for a North American launch.

steviep said:
It is an impressive launch list. While it does lack games that would cater to a more Japanese market (i.e. non-sports, non-FPS) it certainly is respectable for a North American launch.

That is good...since that is where it is launching first and that is what this list is for....NORTH AMERICA. :rolleyes:

That is an impressive lineup. I will howevor be getting Q4 and COD2 for the PC instead though.

Definitly getting Project Gottam. I got it for the launch of the first xbox I will be getting it this time as well. Might get Perfect Dark but im a little undecided on that so far. Will probably get Amped and Tiger Woords. (I wish Microsoft still made Links though) And I might get Kameo

Since I plan on picking up an Xbox360 along with at least 4 games on launch day, I really hope none of those games were rushed out the door. Nothing ticks me off more than a buggy console game.

I offer the launch list a compliment and I get :rolleyes: ed? figures. lol c'mon Tiny, you're better than that.
I actually think it's a good North American launch, as I said. I do hope they get their ass in gear for the Japanese market, though, as I prefer the types of games that cater to them. For instance, I'd much rather play an RPG or adventure game than a racing or shooting game. For me to purchase the X360 personally, the library has to be expanded to include a lot of games from the likes of the Capcoms and the Squares of the industry. That is in no means slanderous. I actually commend them for having that many games ready, despite the obvious slant toward sports/FPS. Here's hoping they play as well as some of them appear to look.

Ridge Racer 6 has been confirmed as a launch title for the Xbox 360! The game will be available starting on November 22 here in the United States. The first 16 screenshots can be found here.

I'd also like to point out that the list in the first post has been updated to reflect this change. I have also added a link to our Top Spin 2 Gallery which is now open and features four screenshots.

Ateam311 said:
Ridge Racer 6 has been confirmed as a launch title for the Xbox 360! The game will be available starting on November 22 here in the United States. The first 16 screenshots can be found here.

I'd also like to point out that the list in the first post has been updated to reflect this change. I have also added a link to our Top Spin 2 Gallery which is now open and features four screenshots.
WOW...after all that has been said Ridge Racer actually looks very good.

Not bad, nothing that makes me want to buy on launch day (of course in store demos could change my mind) but that list is a nice start.

I know this a far fetched idea but being a flag waving patriotic American I would love to see Microstoft sell at least as many units as the PS3. That impressive launch list makes me feel warm.

As a fellow flag waving American, I feel the same way about the upcoming Xbox. However, it still disturbs me how all of the manufacturing will be done in China. I would feel better if the manufacturing would be done in another country with cheap labor..........

Doesn't sony make their stuff in Malaysia?

Back