Acronis True Image Home 2011 discount

It is not the 2011 right?
But I have to say it seem like 2011 is not really better than old one, they just add many useless function like every other software company now days.

But I have to say it seem like 2011 is not really better than old one, they just add many useless function like every other software company now days.

It shows as posted "June 2010" however, it's stated as being the 2009 version.
But I'd forgotten they had this one, and I do have WD drives... :p

Only thing I wonder is if they were nice enough to NOT have crippled their version to only working with WD drives. :confused: Either way, darned nice of em, as free's always a winner!

I could not make the free WD version doesn't partition my SSD properly.

I think the Seagate and WD versions are one or two versions older than 2011 version and neither has the "F11" restore functionality, where it installs a F11 key support to restore the OS, similar to major name-brand machines with a restore partition. Not a big deal, you can always create a bootable USB thumbdrive or CD. And as mentioned above, the Seagate/WD versions don't do proper SSD support.

2011 is the first version that works correctly without tricks to move an unaligned image to an aligned SSD and not screw up the alignment. I have most of the previous versions as well as 2011 and I could not get the previous versions to work (align correctly) when moving an image from a non aligned HHD to an aligned SSD.

Nice software at a good price. Only issue I had was when I enabled the Acronis Activation feature, it fubared my Raid0 array. That was annoying.

Does the WD version require a WD drive to be installed or just a serial number? I just had a WD but it died on me about two weeks ago.

The WD drive needs to be plugged in for the free Acronis to work. I have a 2.5" WD drive in a USB enclosure for this purpose.

As long as you stay with the basic function of True Image, it will be the best backup software you can get.

The WD drive needs to be plugged in for the free Acronis to work. I have a 2.5" WD drive in a USB enclosure for this purpose.
Yeah, I think the WD version may be slightly more current than the Seagate Disc Wizard version.

The free WD/Seagate versions of True Image are limited to full image backups, which work great, but the full Acronis version also allows incremental and differential backups, which save a lot a space.

I hope they reset the counter to get more registrations and plan to give full credit to the discount at the end. A bit weaselly but I could live with it.

Definitely interested in the deal, but based on principles alone I won't buy till the price drops back to at least in the ballpark of ~$16 off. Pretty shady of them to reset the counter IMO, and it's too easy to use other methods for backing up data vs paying $50, or even $40.

I did not expect such a cheap act (resetting the counter) by Acronis.
I hope that they explain this.

I hate to think they just claimed this promotion in order to harvest email addresses without really meaning to respect it.

Dude you rock, THANK YOU. Getting on that rebate offer ASAP. Given Acronis' shady actions with their website counter, I'm mildly concerned about them honoring their rebate, but giving 'em the benefit of the doubt since they still have time to correct the counter error and the Fry's deal is a more reasonable $30.

I did not expect such a cheap act (resetting the counter) by Acronis.
I hope that they explain this.

I hate to think they just claimed this promotion in order to harvest email addresses without really meaning to respect it.

Well, still remains to be explained...so here's to hoping that they are "upright" about it all.
I couldn't find much of anything about the issue anywhere (and an eerie silence/no mention at all on their own forum -so that must be a *heavily moderated* zone....)

I'm intrigued by this as well.

+1

Well, still remains to be explained...so here's to hoping that they are "upright" about it all.
I couldn't find much of anything about the issue anywhere (and an eerie silence/no mention at all on their own forum -so that must be a *heavily moderated* zone....)

+1

Screw em. If they wanna be dishonest Im sure there are torrents.

It looks like it is resolved.
So, no sleaziness on the Acronis part. That is good.

We need 168 more people to sign up for it to go on sale.

Bump for more signups, but I jumped on the Frys deal bitgod linked above. I only qualified for the $20 MIR (the extra $10 MIR requires Symantec software), but even then the total w/ tax and gas used driving to a nearby Fry's was less than $16 after MIR.

Not worth the bother anymore: Newegg's 48-hour sale has Acronis TI 2011 for $24.99/shipped (after promo code) with a $10 MIR on top of that = $14.99. I'm gonna bite on that deal instead of waiting for this one.

Oh heh, nice! I recommend Acronis, or at least their backup solutions.

Back