ack, its built.. audio not working =X

Skragler

n00b
Ok, I just put my machine together... XP installed, internet working everything... only the sound doesn't work...

Specs:

abit ic7 max3 mobo
Intel 2.8ghz w/ hyperthreading cpu
2x256mb corsair pc3700 ram
ati 9800pro vid card
120gb sata western digital hd

I don't know X_x, I know my speakers work when I hook them into my laptop or cd player, but not with the comp. I've got all the lastest drives...

Are there any known problems with the ic7 max3's onboard sound? If not, can you guys just list things that might be not hooked up properly so I might remember?

:X, thanks.

do you have a sound card or is it onboard? i'm not familiar with the IC7. try completly uninstalling the drivers for the sound card and then reinstalling them. make sure that your speakers are hooked up to the right port first. if it's onboard it goes in the green one.

Yeah, its onboard sound. I know I've got the speakers in the right port, I think I've got some of the wiring screwed up or something, I'm stumped X_X. I'm sure it'll end up being the dumbest thing too.

edit: If it helps the onboard sound is 'onboard realtekk ALC650 6-channel AC 97 CODEC'

reinstall the drivers like i said in my first post. what kind of speakers do you have? 2.1, 4.1, 5.1??? also make sure that everything is setup correctly in your audio settings

I know my Abit board has jumpers for the onboard sound (NF7-S) - yours might also. Lastly, make sure it is enabled in the bios.

just reinstalled the drivers... no luck :X Also went through all the settings too.

My speakers are logitech z-340s.

As for jumpers, on my mobo the jumpers are on right I think, they wwere on by default and I took them off to look at them, but put them back on in the exact place, and according to the manual they're in the right spot, I'll give it a second look though.

Back