Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

It's been said from the beginning that any sort of specially produced monitor would be glossy. I know it's a lot of pages to read, but I've been following this from the beginning, here and at the other Website That Shall Not Be Named..

@The_NME
Search the thread before you start complaining about things that have been covered, or do us all a favor and read the whole freakin thing before you roll up into the thread late as hell and whine about things that you don't know because of your own, chosen ignorance.

If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it, but know that you have about a 1% chance of getting a display that will get up to 100hz ordering from another manufacturer/seller

The stands on most of these suck, unless you want to spend closer to $400 on the one with the aluminum case, then you don't get close to 100hz. Buy a monitor arm and suck it up.

You could have messaged the folks over at 120hz.net these questions you know, before coming here and sounding uninformed.

My life has been a long, hard, lesson on when to keep my mouth shut and when to speak. Emulating that wouldn't be a bad thing for you.

It's been said from the beginning that any sort of specially produced monitor would be glossy. I know it's a lot of pages to read, but I've been following this from the beginning, here and at the other Website That Shall Not Be Named...
Figured as much, but it never hurts to ask. I know the Shimians are all glossy, but wasn't so sure about the Catleaps.

Last edited:
There are only a few people that have randomly received panels with any sort of AG, and then it supposedly wasn't bad and a relatively light coating.

I am happy the 120hz models are available 459 is not bad at all, realistic people knew there was going to be a premium for these options. Even 120hz TN panels are going for $400. I will probably get one in a couple weeks. At that time I might might check the panel / board and see if I can swap parts with my crossover.

How do the Crossovers stack up against the Shimians and the Catleaps?

Does anyone have experience ordering these to Canada? Did you get hit with brokerage fees at the door?

I don't think I have weird expectations. I have expectations that all the important details are available before purchasing. It was/is a crapshoot on eBay - does it have to be a crapshoot here too? Isn't it a surprise that there are now more details in their post?

I see a lot of hype over this and a seller rushing to sell them when many important details are missing.

For those thinking I have just stumbled into this without reading, I have been following the main thread and Catleap Club thread at OCN for over a month before the exodus. There was even a thread about "if they made the 2Bs again what features would you want?" thread that seems to have been entirely forgotten.

I also see future problems that don't appear to have been thought of. One can't simply open a PayPal account and receive $50k and expect PayPal to play along. Greensum already has a high-volume account and it would cut out fees in the middleman...

Edit: I specifically want to call out this:
It's been said from the beginning that any sort of specially produced monitor would be glossy. I know it's a lot of pages to read, but I've been following this from the beginning, here and at the other Website That Shall Not Be Named..
There is so much information out there on so many pages it needs to be condensed on a single store page. This is my point. If you want to argue "it's been said from the beginning", check out post 2 of the OCN 100Hz thread:
HyperMatrix said:
It'd need to be zero-defect models though. Is that something they'd be willing to do?

Last edited:
Hey gang. I'm about to replace my old 25.5" HP 1920x1200 LCD with one of these, and I'm wondering if I should also look to add another MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr II to my system and run in SLI mode, or if I'd be better off just getting a new card altogether, to compensate for the res boost.

This PC is used roughly equally between movies and gaming, chiefly Skyrim with ENB and all the trimmings, Diablo 3 and the like. At the moment I get very agreeable framerates with the single GTX 570 (@ 802/2050) at either native res or 1080p, but I'm doubting it has enough juice to push to 2560x1440. I've never run SLI across two cards when they weren't a dual-GPU card, so I'm debating between this and either a newer, single GPU card or perhaps an older dual-GPU.

Thoughts, recommendations?

I don't think I have weird expectations. I have expectations that all the important details are available before purchasing. It was/is a crapshoot on eBay - does it have to be a crapshoot here too? Isn't it a surprise that there are now more details in their post?

Yes, it will be as much of a crapshoot as the old monitors were, except you get return shipping now.
For those thinking I have just stumbled into this without reading, I have been following the main thread and Catleap Club thread at OCN for over a month before the exodus. There was even a thread about "if they made the 2Bs again what features would you want?" thread that seems to have been entirely forgotten.
Because there was no such thread. The thread you may be thinking of was "If they sold Catleap Q270 with 120hz boards, would you buy them?" People then started adding suggestions of what kind of extras they wanted, something totally different and for anyone in the business end, would recognize as unworkable.

Has anyone ever seen anybody set up three or more cat-leaps over 60 Hz in Eyefinity? Just curious how much of a problem it would be with the drivers to configure all of them to run at the higher refresh rate and then work together properly in Eyefinity at the higher Hz.

The reason I ask is because during setting up my triple FW900 surround with NVIDIA, it was a major PITA getting them all to work at a higher refresh rate than the EDID info would allow in Surround. I basically had to bug the driver out and work with Win 7 display settings directly and by-pass the NVIDIA control panel.

A lot of us from here and from ocn have been talking about this whole 120hz net deal over irc and none of us are interested in the least. WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too many red flags besides. It's a chumps / sucker deal, nothing more. At the end of the day, yeah, just keep that $130 - $140 in your own pocket. Don't blindly give someone else your hard earned cash. Besides, a lot of us from here and ocn have for weeks been getting our Catleaps though a connection at US Army Base Yongsan Garrison near Seoul where shipping is a non-issue. We are paying just a little over $225 for our Catleaps to the door. You guys might be a little surprised what they stock at the PX there and of course very near the base. :)

So I would STRONGLY suggest you guys get a bit more creative with trying to save money, not handing it over to a scheme that came about solely to profit off the backs of enthusiasts. Ask yourself, what is their motivation? You really truly think it's to provide you with a warranty? There are also some glaring issues with the whole 120hz they are suggesting with no real promises.

Last edited:
A lot of us from here and from ocn have been talking about this whole 120hz net deal over irc and none of us are interested in the least. WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too many red flags besides. It's a chumps / sucker deal, nothing more. At the end of the day, yeah, just keep that $130 - $140 in your own pocket. Don't blindly give someone else your hard earned cash. Besides, a lot of us from here and ocn have for weeks been getting our Catleaps though a connection at US Army Base Yongsan Garrison near Seoul where shipping is a non-issue. We are paying just a little over $225 for our Catleaps to the door. You guys might be a little surprised what they stock at the PX there and of course very near the base. :)

So I would STRONGLY suggest you guys get a bit more creative with trying to save money, not handing it over to a scheme that came about solely to profit off the backs of enthusiasts. Ask yourself, what is their motivation? You really truly think it's to provide you with a warranty? There are also some glaring issues with the whole 120hz they are suggesting with no real promises.

Whoa, simmer down there guy. No one is forcing you to buy an overclocked model. If up to doubling your refresh rate isn't worth $130 to you, just go on your merry way. For others that are interested in the increased refresh rate with the custom group buy that brings back the old PCB, an extra $130 is well worth the price of admission since you can no longer get them anywhere else.

And someone just managed to sell a 2B model on Ebay for a whopping $720:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12089812833...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Whoa, simmer down there guy. No one is forcing you to buy an overclocked model. If up to doubling your refresh rate isn't worth $130 to you, just go on your merry way. For others that are interested in the increased refresh rate with the custom group buy that brings back the old PCB, an extra $130 is well worth the price of admission since you can no longer get them anywhere else.

And someone just managed to sell a 2B model on Ebay for a whopping $720:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12089812833...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182
Let's hope the Korean company doesn't notice that.. They might jack up the price on these 2b models a few hundred dollars.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Let's hope the Korean company doesn't notice that.. They might jack up the price on these 2b models a few hundred dollars.

Well that one was rated up to 118Hz, no dead pixels, no backlight bleeding etc so it would be fair to charge a premium. Buying the 2b models of 120hz.net is different in that it's still a lottery, the only thing guaranteed is that it's working and that it can do 100Hz+. But perhaps that may come with backlight bleeding, 3 dead pixels and only 101Hz overclock.

Well that one was rated up to 118Hz, no dead pixels, no backlight bleeding etc so it would be fair to charge a premium. Buying the 2b models of 120hz.net is different in that it's still a lottery, the only thing guaranteed is that it's working and that it can do 100Hz+. But perhaps that may come with backlight bleeding, 3 dead pixels and only 101Hz overclock.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think you are guaranteed 100hz. From reading 120hz.net and here my take is that you are guaranteed a 2B version of the catleap monitor. The 2B versions are the only ones that overclocked and even then some overclocked better then others.

If the catleap you buy doesn't reach 100hz are you entitled to your money back?
There is no pixel perfect option on these, so the seller isn't going to check them out before shipping.

I just don't see how they can guarantee anything if they can't even provide a dead pixel check.

and only 101Hz overclock.
Pretty sure the overclock capabilities were roughly the same on them, except perhaps the extreme end, a few got much higher for some reason i never figured out, it may have been due to a particular video card and method used.

The variables always seemed to be the video card make and model, and maybe drivers/software.

Hypermatrix would have more info i'm sure.

Pretty sure the overclock capabilities were roughly the same on them, except perhaps the extreme end, a few got much higher for some reason i never figured out, it may have been due to a particular video card and method used.

The variables always seemed to be the video card make and model, and maybe drivers/software.

Hypermatrix would have more info i'm sure.

Yes, as far as I am aware if you used a GTX 680 and set it up properly, all 2B's would reach 120 Hz, some even higher.

All of that stuff in the 85-119 Hz range was pretty much due to the GPU/driver/connection etc.

But ya, panel lottery on dead pixels is going to suck. I always manage to get dead pixels. I even got one on the Apple 27" that they are suppose to check for!

Well I think I remembering reading a few reports of people that got 2B's but only got it to overclock to 67hz.

Well I think I remembering reading a few reports of people that got 2B's but only got it to overclock to 67hz.
That would be the first i ever heard. I do know all 2C's were limited to 67hz, and there were many 2C owners that reported that dismal result.

As for 2B, ATI users were often limited to 85hz (partially method and card model dependant) whereas Nvidia users were able to go much higher (again it was partially card model and method dependant). The GTX 680, as Vega mentioned, had the potential to get the best results~beyond 120hz.

Last edited:
Ok, its as I thought. There is no guarantee that these will reach 100hz, in fact no guarantee they will reach any kind of overclock. And also if you read the terms and conditions you can't return it if it doesn't overclock. There is also a warning that you shouldn't overclock for a few weeks!!

Does this sound ok to you? It's still a catleap that may or may not overclock, but with no pixel check and that's more expensive.

It's a great deal if you get one that overclocks well, not so great if you don't.

BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER, PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:

Price:
- Retail price for this monitor is $459.90. We are charging an additional 1% on top of that to cover the international

money transfer going to Korea. If you are unhappy about the extra $4.60, please wait until June at which point the $4.60

extra fee should be removed. Thank you for understanding that we don't want to lose money doing this.

120hz.NET is NOT responsible for:
- Manufacturing this product
- Providing warranty and support for this product (though our website is a great place to do that!)
- Fulfulling any other customer/retailer relationship expectations

120hz.NET IS responsible for:
- Collecting payment
- Collecting shipping information
- Passing that information on to Greensum, the official seller of these monitors
- Passing along a tracking number, when one is provided by Greensum

What to expect:
- A working Yamakasi Catleap Q270 LED with a "2b" series Board
- A power brick rated 110v-240v
- Express shipping
- A 1 year warranty from Greensum, with return shipping included (for approved countries)
- An "A-" quality panel. This is what you are buying. Make sure you know what that is, and that you're OK with it

before purchasing.
- Voiding your warranty when you overclock! Make sure you not overclock your monitor for the first few weeks to make

sure you have a good solid working monitor, before you overclock it.

What not to expect:
- 120hz Refresh Rate. The manufacturer specifications state a 60hz refresh rate. Getting a certain refresh rate is not

guaranteed, as is not covered under warranty. You are guaranteed a board that, when modified, will allow a higher refresh

rate but what refresh rate you hit is not guaranteed! From our experience, nearly 100% of people have been able to hit

between 82hz-135hz. But that's our experience. Not the manufacturers.

- Perfect Pixels. As an A- panel, it is not guaranteed to be fully free of minor defects, while the majority of them are
- A power cord that words in your country. The Power Brick is universal, but you will need your own compatible power

cable. The same as used by other monitors, or your computer. The cables cost less than $5 in most places.

Shipping:
- Due to shipping/return costs, we've been told that Israel, and many Eastern European and African countries will not be

able to purchase this monitor. As we have not been given a list of countries that CAN NOT buy it, we will be accepting

all orders, and providing refunds for those that Greensum confirms they will not ship to.

Returns/Refunds/Exchanges:
- Warranty services and Exchanges will be done by Greensum. However, there is no option for a RETURN/REFUND. Your

monitor, if required, will be replaced. Greensum will get you a Working 2b monitor. But once you hit the purchase

button, you've committed to being the owner of one of these limited production run monitors!
Link. Sounds like some backpeddling to me, elsewhere on the website they state their original slogan of "100hz guaranteed"

It's a great deal if you get one that overclocks well, not so great if you don't.
As mentioned prior, a 2B OC lottery has never been mentioned nor verified, it always seemed to be videocard and software dependent, i have yet to see any evidence otherwise, you are the first i've ever heard it mentioned.

I can understand your concern about the backpeddling and no OC guarantee, but that's a separate topic.

I don't think its a seperate topic. You are paying extra for a monitor that isn't guaranteed to overclock. My understanding is that the main point of this was getting a monitor that would overclock. Before, it was buy a catleap and you might have been lucky enough to get one that overclocked well, now the lottery is gone the other way, you are paying extra for a monitor that could easily have 4 dead pixels and no overclock!!

Sorry, I am just a little disappointed. I don't like the way the terms and conditions are laid out especially the bit about voiding your warranty if you overclock, isn't that the reason this was setup in the first place.

And telling you to wait a few weeks before even trying?? Does this not set alarm bells ringing for anyone else??

I don't think its a seperate topic.
Granted it's at least a related topic, but what Vega and myself were trying to say is that we have never heard of a 2B that wasn't able to overclock to at least 85hz, which was a limit placed by certain ATI configurations.

Not trying to ignore the other points you posted btw, it's just stuff i don't feel like discussing atm, but they do seem like valid concerns to me.

On the same note, remember that everyone who's purchased a Korean IPS was already taking risks, albeit at a lower price. These 2B monitors also require a leap of faith, those with low risk tolerance need not apply.

As for myself, i'm waiting for Scribby's 2B PCB's, i hope they pan out :)

Last edited:
only share information
about factory packing korean monitor
Korean Monitor Brand "Crossover" have a very good packing i think than others

catleap-bubblewrap-large.jpg

ygoyfox3.kll.jpg

e8bd28f97ca90cb4589a54ee7c87a5ee.jpg

fb8fa6f6dd331391cae3518dbb291412.jpg

0e7ac1f8107535412ccc93d07d0afa88.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

dsc0753.png

7af70b3dec051707c473d7b40837a778.jpg

dsc0751.png

d4851a18001a543ca34625eec60a4c01.jpg

before you decide to buy one of these monitors
you should ask the seller about the additional packing
to ensure that the monitor is safe to your home with no damage
I'll not like this scene and you have to spend $ 100 more
to return to the seller for the replacement unit

DSC00547.jpg

600x450px-LL-75fdf64a_2012-04-1010.09.01.jpeg

Sample good packing from seller :)

35l8emf.jpg

dsc0755.png

Last edited:
And telling you to wait a few weeks before even trying?? Does this not set alarm bells ringing for anyone else??

Something else i just thought of, maybe this "no OC guarantee" thing will help keep the price down. If this was a highly polished and finished product with guaranteed specs (like big brand name 120hz TN's for example), then they'd probably price it a lot higher.

The first 100 lot sold out already, just noticed that tonight, hopefully those buyers post their results here and at the 120hz.net forums.

I don't think its a seperate topic. You are paying extra for a monitor that isn't guaranteed to overclock. My understanding is that the main point of this was getting a monitor that would overclock. Before, it was buy a catleap and you might have been lucky enough to get one that overclocked well, now the lottery is gone the other way, you are paying extra for a monitor that could easily have 4 dead pixels and no overclock!!

Sorry, I am just a little disappointed. I don't like the way the terms and conditions are laid out especially the bit about voiding your warranty if you overclock, isn't that the reason this was setup in the first place.

So wait for batch two after the first bunch of people got theirs and have had time to test it. There's 10 weeks of production going here.

And isn't that precisely what people did with the Korean monitors to begin with?

I mean without all the user experiences, it was (and still is) sketchy to the extreme.

I do not think anyone, on any side of these 120hz monitors is comfortable with the deal. This is obvious since 120hz is covering their asses, so is greensum. The main reason is because I doubt anyone involved knows enough about the internal electronics of LCDs to be sure of anything. Greensum probably only knows what 120hz guys told him, he contacts the factory, they say sure whatever we can do that. Second I bet some one thought about it for a second and said, you know what, these could goto 120hz and it might not even matter if the IPS panel is not able to switch pixels fast enough for it to mean anything. Kinda like you can run your TF2 at 300fps but so what your monitor wont display that.

But so what? people were jumping on these before at a slim chance they just might get one. Now what we have is a maker that is willing to ensure the 2B board goes in them. The first 100 will sell out, we will hear the results, my guess is they will be good and we will be rushing to buy the next 100.

There are alot of risk takers out there, and the way I see it is, for $140 I get a shot at having something almost noone else in the world has, something that just might allow me to part with my CRTs. I have driven hundreds of miles, and paid thousands of dollars in persuit of decent monitors. $140 is chump change. I realize not everyone else is a risk taker that is fine just wait and see how thing pan out, heck wait a couple years and dell will start selling something like this.

^^^^ Rudy there are many potential monitor customers that fit the profile(s) you outlined.

The first 100 batch selling out may be evidence of it.

They couldn't guarantee 120hz as that would be going out of spec for the monitor, its electronics and also your graphics card. Who wants to deal with that litigation?

Anyway, the biggest problem right now is that the 2B PCBs were apparently copied, since the company refused to make any more. If any of the components were skimped on or changed slightly from the original, 85hz+ may not work.

After all the whining about OCN "wanting a cut" we find out it's going to cost $140+ extra! For...
  1. Worst stand out of all the 27" monitors. This is the one that sags and has the back break off in shipment.
  2. Gimmicky warranty - what does it cover? Who is it through? If the manufacturer, will they be around a year from now? Will they change their name to dodge warranty support? (know that many Asian companies don't put their name on their product because product designs are stolen or encroach on other companies patents) What kind of protection does one have regarding them following through with warranty support?
  3. Where does it ship from? Would we enjoy loose cables thanks to international shipping (imagine warranty shipping back and forth)?
  4. Will it have a proper power brick - one rated for 115V or a 90-230V type? Hopefully this is not the one that says 230V but seems to work on 115V - for now anyway.
  5. Not pixel perfect. Enjoy your premium-priced stuck pixels!
  6. 120Hz guarantee? I haven't seen any guarantee or mention of what speeds it will/should/could do. It seems this is just a 2B model and nothing else - you're paying more but it's still anyone's guess what speeds it can do.
  7. PayPal middleman - double fees. Instead of one person between you and the manufacturer there's now two. By the looks of it you pay Hyper who pays Greensum who pays the manufacturer. This likely means twice the PayPal fees are unnecessarily incurred (Hyper and Greensum each) at $15+ each.
  8. No eBay fees - Hey, this isn't through eBay so that means the price should be less since eBay is not taking a $18+ cut, right? Apparently not...
It's great that this is available, but it's obvious that someone is jacking the price up. This doesn't appear to be any different (besides the warranty which lacks important details ATM) than the 2Bs the manufacturer was shipping out a couple months ago, but now it's got a $140+ markup! It costs the same to make this model as the others - the boards were made a while ago.

And something no one has seemed to ask - does this panel have an AG finish? This was a major selling point for this monitor from the beginning.

At this point I hope Scribby makes progress on the boards. There is little reason (besides the obvious) why they should cost more than $50, especially if they are being made overseas.

I've been busy with the site so haven't checked in here. You know it's a bad sign when it's 1am, you're at a bar, and you're remote-desktop'ing to your Korean contact to talk about Monitors. But I felt I needed to respond here.

1) The stand. Some people hate it. Some people are ok with it. Some people buy VESA mounts. We didn't want to make this project more expensive by having a company re-design and re-engineer a monitor on a 1200 unit limited production run. That just wouldn't make sense.

2) I wouldn't call it a gimmicky warranty. Essentially what they wanted to do was provide that extra bit of convenience for people, considering they didn't have the safety net of eBay anymore. I was only told they'll be offering this option 2 days ago. It covers exactly what is covered under eBay Korean monitor purchases, but includes the cost of return shipping. We were ecstatic as it was a bonus in our mind.

3) The monitor ships from Korea, of course. And yes, loose cables could be an issue. We've been dealing with loose cable issues since the monitors came out. I'm not sure how one would expect that to have been different. But as I stated in my post on 120hz.net, the warranty would cover your return shipping in case of such a problem. That's why the manufacturer said we can't sell to certain countries as return shipping from them would be too costly. Not that I think using the Warranty would be a good option as it'd be as easy as opening and reseating the cables as we've all been doing for months now.

4) And yes the power brick will be an international one. You'll still have to supply your own power cable, but the brick itself will work anywhere.

5) When my first monitor came about 2 months ago, it had 3 stuck pixels. My choices were 3 stuck pixels and 120hz, or pay $60 more and get a Pixel Perfect 60hz model. Which, I did. For my Dad's birthday. I didn't want to give a dead/stuck pixel for a gift. And my dad doesn't care about 120hz. For myself...I'd take 10 dead/stuck pixels and 120hz over 0 stuck pixels and 60hz. But we both have a choice here. Both of these options are available and if 60hz is what you're after, absolutely. There is plenty of competition in the market and I highly recommend people take advantage of the opportunity. They are great monitors, at an amazing price. The reason we pursued the 2b project is because we cared about 3 things. High Resolution. IPS. 120hz. But I completely understand why you may not be interested in that. That's fine.

6) Yes. There is no "120hz" guarantee because the 2b board, while it can hit up to 135hz, is limited by your own hardware. If you have an AMD card, and the company puts out a 120hz guarantee, then that's just impossible. Just like different video cards or CPU's you get, there's bound to be variables in OC limits because of various factors. You're buying a 2b monitor. That's it. If it were a 120hz monitor, it would have a 120hz edid. Which confuses me because anyone who knows what the 2b is, and has followed the project from the start would know that.

7) You're just speculating at this point. You can just ask if you have a question. We've added a surcharge of 1% to the cost of the monitors. We made this absolutely clear to our members. That 1% fee is the cost of a personal money transfer to an international destination. Our contacts are taking care of the transaction charges. And the 1% surcharge will cover the entirety of the cost of the transfer of cash from us, to Korea. And we've said as soon as our Paypal transaction fee goes down next month, we'll just use that to offset the transfer fee to Korea so they won't even have to pay the extra $4.60

As for the board project, we are still working on it. We've been trying to do all we can. But honestly from initial pricing and sourcing reports we've received, it looks like it may cost more to buy a monitor + the pcb than to buy a monitor with the 2b boards already in there. The at-cost samples they sent us cost $100. So...I still think it's a great project to follow for everyone who already has a monitor and doesn't want to buy a new one. But realistically if we expected the company to do a limited run of a hot monitor that no one else makes, for less than they sell their HDMI models of the same monitor...then we were kind of kidding ourselves all along. :p

But it does upset me a little, knowing I've worked 12 hours a day at least, for the past 3 weeks, buying software, and a server, just so we could get this project to continue without the threat of someone closing it down. And Scribby and bQvle have worked just as hard. And we've done this all without asking any of you for anything. And you know, the people who've actually followed us from the beginning know that. And those are the ones we do all this for.

And regarding the "No-OC Guarantee" I covered that in posts. You're guaranteed to get a 2B board that is capable of Overclocking. If that is not the case, you exchange the monitor. But what refresh rate you hit with your 2b board depends on you. What hardware you have. And whether you know how to OC it. That's why, from a "legal" standpoint, no one would do that. I added the recommendation of not OC'ing for a few weeks to make sure your monitor works fine as over 90% of problems with these monitors occur within the first 2-3 weeks. If you OC any product, you void its warranty. I wanted to make sure anyone picking one up was aware of the best method to protect themselves.

Last edited:
And, I think, considering we sold out of the monitors in 21 minutes, our members have a pretty good amount of faith in us. And hopefully once everybody gets their monitors, all of the fear will go away. Similar to how it was at the beginning when we first started hearing about buying monitors from some unknown person in Korea.

:)

p.s. We bought 3 of the monitors our selves!

Go ahead and link me another 2560x1440 IPS panel capable of refresh rates that high, I guess?

I can't believe some of the shit I read here sometimes ;)

That 1% fee is the cost of a personal money transfer to an international destination. Our contacts are taking care of the transaction charges. And the 1% surcharge will cover the entirety of the cost of the transfer of cash from us, to Korea. And we've said as soon as our Paypal transaction fee goes down next month, we'll just use that to offset the transfer fee to Korea so they won't even have to pay the extra $4.60

Why can't the payment be made directly to greensun's paypal account? He presumably has one since he's been selling on ebay all this time.

Got my yamakasi Catleap today .. Super fast shipping from greensum ( 2 days) .. 0 dead pixels... best monitor i have ever seen so far...

Why can't the payment be made directly to greensun's paypal account? He presumably has one since he's been selling on ebay all this time.

Because we did a sort of organized group-buy ahead of time to buy the entire stock of monitors for our members that required the payment to be sent at once. And because $4.60 hasn't been an issue for...anyone, actually. Haven't heard any complaints about it.

VERSION 2E... how can i put this monitor on a mount ? i dont see holes in the back

You have to take the monitor apart to remove the grey/silver plastic arch at the back which will expose a 75x75mm VESA mount. Your other alternative is to break the plastic arch off, which is purely cosmetic and has no structural purpose.

You have to take the monitor apart to remove the grey/silver plastic arch at the back which will expose a 75x75mm VESA mount. Your other alternative is to break the plastic arch off, which is purely cosmetic and has no structural purpose.

Thanks a lot ...

VERSION 2E...
That's the newest version, any chance we can get you to test how high the refresh rate can overclock?

Because we did a sort of organized group-buy ahead of time to buy the entire stock of monitors for our members that required the payment to be sent at once. And because $4.60 hasn't been an issue for...anyone, actually. Haven't heard any complaints about it.
We definitely appreciate you and your team's efforts Hypermatrix, and thanks for the followup explanations, apparently it was needed ;).

Back