Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

I'm lost in this thread. We've got x number of monitor variants, x number of Ebay sellers...
Here, i stole this from the OC forum for ya.
[quote name="lionelhuts" url="/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/2810#post_16738861"]It can be kind of confusing finding the monitor you want from the seller you want.
I'm compiling a link list below.
ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB - With Glass
  1. green-sum - $384.40
  2. green-sum - $424.90 (Speaker)
  3. cool-guys - $375.50
  4. red-cap - $377.90 / Make Offer
  5. dream-seller - $376.00 (Black)
  6. dream-seller - $405.70 (White)
ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSBS AKA QH270-Lite - Without Glass
  1. green-sum - $378.40
  2. cool-guys - $367.50
  3. red-cap - $370.90
YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 With Glass
  1. green-sum - $398.90
  2. green-sum - $394.90
  3. gold-way - $423.99
  4. red-cap - $395.80
YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 Without Glass
  1. green-sum - $369.90
  2. green-sum - $431.00 (Perfect Pixel SE)
  3. green-sum - $457.70 (Perfect Pixel Non-SE)
  4. green-sum - $488.90 (Perfect Pixel)
  5. green-sum - $397.70 (Built-in Speaker)
  6. green-sum - $428.90 (Stereo Gaming)
  7. dcsamsungmall - $369.50 / Make Offer
  8. samsung_korea - $371.00
  9. cool-guys - $392.99
  10. gold-way - $393.99
  11. gold-way - $515.99 (HDMI and Stereo Speaker)
  12. gold-way - $423.99 (Speaker)
  13. dream-seller - $399.90
  14. dream-seller - $457.90 (HDMI and Stereo Speaker)
  15. dream-seller - $433.90 (Speaker)
  16. red-cap - $371.00 / Make Offer (Swivel)
  17. red-cap - $457.50 (Perfect Pixel + Speaker)
  18. red-cap - $397.80 (Speaker)
  19. red-cap - $515.00 (HDMI, audio in/out, VGA)
CrossOver 27Q Without Glass - No Pivot Stand
  1. dcsamsungmall - $405.90
  2. dream-seller - $403.90
  3. red-cap - $404.80 / Make Offer
CrossOver 27Q Without Glass - Pivot Stand
  1. dcsamsungmall - $426.50 / Make Offer
  2. red-cap - $427.80 / Make Offer
  3. dream-seller - $426.90
[/quote]

Copy/pasted from this thread, post #2817
http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/...z-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/2810

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
got mine in yesterday from green-sum. Once it shipped it got here pretty quickly and was well packaged. I don't see any stuck pixels and dont appear to have any problems. The resolution is incredible! But it still definitely needs calibration, I can't seem to get black levels to the point where things aren't so dark that I can't see in dark hallways when I'm gaming, but not so bright in desktop that it starts to strain my eyes. I guess its time to hunt down a hardware calibrator.. anyone have any suggestions?

You cherry picked that bit out of my post. I recognized that it's a good deal. Just, the lack of built in color calibration options happens to be a deal break for me, even if it reduces input lag, whatever the price.
Yea because none of the rest of your post added anything after that point. We all know what you give up in order to hit this price point, and 50+ pages worth of posts means that pretty much nobody else cares, so why try to shoot down this deal?

My Catleap Multi Input is stuck in customs in Chicago for two days now. Can't wait for it to come in.

As mentioned, one of the dvi ports on the card is only single link DVI and the other one requires the little toggle switch (where the BIOS select is on most cards) be in the correct position for dual link. I would play with this before giving up on the monitor.
There is a toggle switch for DVI-D???? WTF???

EDIT: OMG, I never knew about the toggle switch. I can't find any manuals for this damn thing, and I just saw a reference to it here:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/18/asus_eah6950_engtx570_directcu_ii_vid_card_review/

I can't wait to get home from work and try it again!

Last edited:
Don't worry, you will be fine. dream-seller took 2.5 days to even send me any order confirmation, which really made me nervous. But when he shipped it, it was here very fast. He shipped late Thursday evening, and just this Monday it showed up at my door. Based on my experience, I think you will be fine.

Came here to see whats up. Good to hear that hes fine. I ordered Thursday, paid instantly, he sent good feed back, and then 3 hours later checked the item off on ebay as shipped... Waited...and waited...and waited... for tracking. He told me it would be here 19-22. He finally gave me a tracking number today and it only says "Acceptance - 20th"... Now I'm worried it will not get here till next week. But after going through the thread, everyone says he like next days it. Lets hope haha.

There is a toggle switch for DVI-D???? WTF???

EDIT: OMG, I never knew about the toggle switch. I can't find any manuals for this damn thing, and I just saw a reference to it here:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/18/asus_eah6950_engtx570_directcu_ii_vid_card_review/

I can't wait to get home from work and try it again!

Yeah, I would not have known if not for having owned 2 and initially thinking it was my spare bios when I was researching the shader unlock.

I hope it works for you, if you still have the box there should be a graphic on the back showing which DVI port will become dual link with the toggle. I think they might ship it disabled because turning it on deactivates some of the DP ports.

Knowledge is power ;)

got my monitor today, it was actually in town yesterday but i missed the mail man.

ordered from green sum on March 13th, Catleap SE

no dead pixels that i can tell. yes the stand is crappy and wobbly and it leans a little, but other than that this monitor is absolutely stunning.

img0576tm.jpg

Some pictures of my Crossover 27Q LED-P from dcsamsungmall.

dsc0780.png

Very well wrapped.

dsc0751.png

Very light shipping damage. Thank goodness for the bubble wrap.

dsc0752.png

Side shot of the packaging showing the miscellaneous things the monitor supports.

dsc0753.png

Lots of foam padding inside. Big plus.

dsc0755.png

Here's what it looks like at it's default stand height. It measures 17 inches from top to bottom.

dsc0771.png

At it's full raised height, it measures 22 inches.

dsc0772.png

Pivot to the left.

dsc0773.png

Pivot to the right.

dsc0774.png

Here's how much it can tilt upwards.

dsc0775.png

And how much it can tilt downwards.

dsc0776.png

Brightness adjustment and power.

dsc0761.png

The buttons are located on the back.

dsc0762.png

Full view of the backside. It's a glossy white (powered coated?) aluminum frame that rounds around the top and bottom edges.

dsc0763.png

Serial and product numbers.

dsc0764.png

The monitor is about 2 inches deep.

dsc0770.png

Located underneath are the DC power and dual-link DVI connector.

csc0782.png

Included accessories: power cable, power brick, dual-link DVI cable, and user's manual.

csc0783.png

Closeup of the power brick.

dsc0785.png

Unfortunately mine didn't come unscathed. Had a minor chip on the front of the stand. No big deal honestly.

dsc0760.png

Monitor height
lowest position: 17 inches
highest position: 22 inches

Stand
length: 10-5/8 inches
depth: 8-1/2 inches
height: 1/2 inch

Bezel is about an inch all round.

[

" great pics of that nice new monitor can you get us some screen pics also :) "

Last edited:
god I hate when people quote someone who posts pictures and they basically double post all the pictures again

god I hate when people quote someone who posts pictures and they basically double post all the pictures again

Amen to that! It's finally nice to see some decent pics posted of these monitors. That crossover model looks the best.

Just put the money down on a catleap from green sum. Now we play the waiting game :eek:

Oh and I fully expect the very real possibility that it may have dead pixel(s) and/or screen uniformity issues.

Just got my ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB(the one with the tempered glass across the entire front) from dcsamsungmall here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-IPSB-Quad-HD-2560x1440-16-9-D-Sub-Computer-Monitor-/190645588882?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item2c635cd392#ht_4039wt_1163. I ordered on Saturday night and had it by Tuesday afternoon...dude ships fast. Happy to report only 1 stuck pixel and no dust behind the glass that I can see. This thing looks incredible compared to the old Westy LVM-37w3 I was using before. The only gripe I have is that the stand is definitely cheap and the DVI connector on the back of the panel can be a bit difficult to negotiate if the cable you're using is stiff. Other than that, pretty happy with it so far. Only played some Mass Effect 3 on it so far and it looked fantastic! Can't wait to try some other stuff on it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has received the PCBANK PB2700 yet. I'd really like to see some reviews of that one.

I'm surprised no one has received the PCBANK PB2700 yet. I'd really like to see some reviews of that one.

I placed my order for the 3View PCBank PB2700 on Sunday from dream-seller and haven't received tracking info yet. I'll probably get it tmr or Thursday at the latest in which case it should arrive sometime mid-late next week.

I don't know if anyone else has ordered it, but I'll post pics (camera phone unless I can locate a camera :p) and my thoughts on it. I don't have any professional testing equipment or anything, but I'll try my best to run whatever tests I can and answer any questions you may have.

I got my crossover today. I am very very happy with it, but its not perfect unfortunately.

I do have 1 STUCK pixel. Its middle top of my screen, unfortunately a place that I look at a fair deal. Its stuck in RED, and I have tried a couple of things to unfreeze it, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them!!

The best thing I have tried is JScreenFix which seemed to be the best thing you can try software wise, but it didn't help. I am not really too sure what else to do.

Secondly - I think this monitor may not be IPS or maybe this is how they all look and I am not used to it - but I have noticed that the viewing angles aren't as good as I have see in videos and whatnot. Looking at it straight on and I can see somewhat of a discoloration in the bottom right hand corner. Well - its not discolored as much as it just seems brighter there compared to everywhere else. I thought it might be backlight bleeding, but in a completely black screen, I didn't see too much of it. Maybe you guys can be the judge: These are a couple of pics of a black screen at a few different angles: pic1 pic2 pic3

Here is that DAMN stuck pixel: pic4. It is just 1 pixel and I zoomed in on it. Honestly, hardly visible except when there are dark colors around it. Any help in making this go away will be helpful. Otherwise, I will post more pics of unboxing and final impressions tomorrow.

--edit- I very quickly just tried the pressure method where you get the tip of something and put pressure on the pixel, but I don't think that works too well with these monitors cause the pixels are so damn small!!! Guess I can try leaving jscreenfix on overnight or something, but I have a feeling that won't help to much.

It's posts like this that make me this none of these are worth the risk. I know with my luck that I would get one with multiple stuck or dead pixels. I just wish I lived in the UK so I could buy a Hazro HZ27WC for like $150 more and know I was getting something with more quality.

...1 stuck pixel isn't even grounds for return from any brand outside of the pro with calibrator crowd. Explain?

It's posts like this that make me this none of these are worth the risk. I know with my luck that I would get one with multiple stuck or dead pixels. I just wish I lived in the UK so I could buy a Hazro HZ27WC for like $150 more and know I was getting something with more quality.

No dead pixels here, most people do get good ones. I am loving my monitor plus the catleap one that is shipped from green-sum comes with a power adapter that does 110-220v and he just included the U.S adapter at the end as well. I was ready to rock out of the box.

Just got my ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB(the one with the tempered glass across the entire front) from dcsamsungmall here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-IPSB-Quad-HD-2560x1440-16-9-D-Sub-Computer-Monitor-/190645588882?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item2c635cd392#ht_4039wt_1163. I ordered on Saturday night and had it by Tuesday afternoon...dude ships fast. Happy to report only 1 stuck pixel and no dust behind the glass that I can see. This thing looks incredible compared to the old Westy LVM-37w3 I was using before. The only gripe I have is that the stand is definitely cheap and the DVI connector on the back of the panel can be a bit difficult to negotiate if the cable you're using is stiff. Other than that, pretty happy with it so far. Only played some Mass Effect 3 on it so far and it looked fantastic! Can't wait to try some other stuff on it.

Good to hear, my tempered glass Achieva arrives tomorrow!

So does it look like a giant iPad?:p

Good to hear, my tempered glass Achieva arrives tomorrow!

So does it look like a giant iPad?:p

Lol, yeah, it kinda does actually. Very tight pixel density, almost retina display like, especially for someone like me coming from a 37 inch 1080p tv.

It all depends on how many stuck pixels, whether its the whole pixel or just a sub pixel, the location of it, and the dot pitch of the monitor. Let's say you have a 1920x1080 27" panel that has freaking huge pixels and one dead pixel near the middle, that is going to stand out like a sore thumb. But if its only a couple sub pixels that are dead off to the side on a 2560x1440 screen it's not really going to be that noticeable. Chances are you have some pieces of of dust on your monitor right now that are as big as a stuck pixel at .233mm pixel pitch.

Chances are you have some pieces of of dust on your monitor right now that are as big as a stuck pixel at .233mm pixel pitch.

Very true. You worry about stuck pixels so much when you get a new monitor, then a month later it's covered with dots of dust and spots where you sneezed on it.

Got my Crossover 27Q LED-P from Dcsamsungmall.

1. Shipping is fast. I ordered Friday night and was delivered today (Tuesday) in CA. Some how the monitor made a detour to Tennessee.

2. Excellent packaging. There was additional foam between the panel and the box. Outer box is bubble wrapped and undamaged.

3. Bad news, 2 stuck pixels. One is red 6 inches from the edge and 6 inches from the top. One is bright bright white but some how it is not visible in dark back ground and shows up like a sore thumb on white/grayish background. Both dead/stuck pixels are not really visible in the dark background. Kinda bump that I got 2 stuck/dead pixels instead of none.

4. Power brick rated 230V but works fine with the regular PC power cord. Don't know if there is any long term consequences.

5. Stand is very heavy duty, very solid and can rotate, tilt, and pivot. Portrait mode requires the screen to be tilted a little back before it can clear the base.

6. Some minor back light bleed but not really a deal breaker considering both my previous Dell 3007 and U3011 had some back light bleed.

7. No buzzing even at maximum brightness.

8. Screen is glossy and very sharp. The color is a little cooler than my Dell U3011 with sRGB preset. Anyone want to loan me their color calibrator for a few bucks?

9. It's HDCP compliant as per Nvidia panel control.

10. The LED indicator at bottom right is not perfectly aligned with the bezel so there is a small gap between the bezel and the bottom metal frame. Just a tad bit of light bleed from there. LED indicator is bright in a dark room. They should have put it in the back so we can get a uniform black metal bezel all the way around.

That's it for now. I will report back with more info as I get more mileage out of them.

Last edited:
Few updates...

85 hz is confirmed to be working on my monitor. However, my Hd 5770 can't keep up with it at reduced clocks (such as on the desktop... then again, probably has something to do with me running TWO monitors at once). At full clocks, I can definitely output 85hz.

Glossy is really hard on my eyes :-/ I have to force myself to focus on the screen, and not the reflections on the screen. Thus, I find myself tending to focus past the screen, and am in a constant back and forth tug-of-war in focus points. This will require getting used to.

I have a number of dead subpixels, but none in the centre. Backlight bleed is minimal. Very happy with this monitor right now. My only gripe remaining is the reflections. For just using, (picture quality be damned) my U2312hm is superior at the moment. Of course, with 1440 lines of picture + 27" + 8bit + 85hz... I'm gonna have to get used to it!

If you can control the lighting in your room, Glossy screens work best without any other ambient lighting. You don't see any reflections if the only source of light is the screen itself.

I finally pulled the trigger on the Catleap! I know it probably won't overclock like the original batch but I figure if I am really interested I can always see about swapping the PCB out following the nice guide Scribby put together on overclock.net.

Can you compare the shimian vs the westy in day to day use? Is there a big difference in image quality? I have a westy with some dark spots and it needs to be replaced soon. Thanks

Some pictures of my Crossover 27Q LED-P from dcsamsungmall.
snip
Monitor height
lowest position: 17 inches
highest position: 22 inches

Stand
length: 10-5/8 inches
depth: 8-1/2 inches
height: 1/2 inch

Bezel is about an inch all round.

Nice. I guess they improved the packaging. My led-p did not even have all the padding in the front and back. THe power brick was banging the front LCD when i opened it and DVI cable was missing. No damage and no dead pixels yet.

Any word on the power supply? Mine works well so far no hicups but i don t want long anyterm damage on my pretty LCD .

Can you compare the shimian vs the westy in day to day use? Is there a big difference in image quality? I have a westy with some dark spots and it needs to be replaced soon. Thanks

Yeah, mine had some dark spots on it too and thats what prompted the replacement. Keep in mind I've only been using it for a day when reading the following comments - There is a huge difference in image quality. These extreme definition panels are something to behold. I played some Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim tonight and they both look stunning with the resolution bump assuming you've got the hardware to handle it(single GTX 580, ME3 is no problem, Skyrim is another thing, VRAM is being pushed pretty hard with the high res texture pack installed. Will be looking to get into a 2gb or 3gb card here in the next couple of months.) That being said, you wont be able to sit nearly as far away from an XD screen as you did from your Westy. I'd back up a good 4 or 5 feet to play on that thing or surf and be fine. I'm finding with the new XD screen that I really don't want to be anymore than 2 or 3 feet away or I just can't see text without magnifying it if I get any further away. So if you do decide to get one of these Korean beauties, be prepared for everything that comes with one - very tight pixel density on a smaller screen.

So I unboxed my Catleap Q270SE from Green-Sum today and I need some help. The backlight turns on, my computer recognizes it as a dual-link DVI but it doesn't get a picture. I have tried both an EVGA 9800 GX2, a XFX 5770 and a Sapphire 3850 (thats all I got for Graphics cards around the house). I have tried these all in two different systems (old and new build). All the results are the same. What should I do? Send it back? Pry it open? Advice and quick would be very useful! thanks!

Wings

Back