acer i7 6700 8gb ddr4 RX 480 4GB $680

It looks good, but that case doesn't look like it has very good airflow. Also, the PSU seems a bit small.

yeah but it has a rx480 4gb you can sell that for 400 bucks alone to the miners on ebay - part ou the rest and make money on the deal

The RX cards arent really getting $400 any more. Miners have found other cards that work better for the price, and RX cards are taking more of a hit with the upcoming difficulty increase then R9 and Nvidia. If you plan to get this to resell the card, Id say its risky.

Haven't really kept up with the ETH developments.
So you're saying that R9 290/X, and R9 390/X will fare better than RX 4x0/5x0 in terms of hashrate in the near future?

Haven't really kept up with the ETH developments.
So you're saying that R9 290/X, and R9 390/X will fare better than RX 4x0/5x0 in terms of hashrate in the near future?
R9 is currently about 10% higher hashrates, but at much higher power. There is a difficulty increase coming soon that is expected to drop RX cards by 30%, but to have minimal effect on Nvidia and R9 cards (0-10%). I guess there is a command line you can do to test out what your rate will be post increase, but haven't tried it myself. That's what a thread on a bitcoin forum is saying.

However difficulty increases usually result in coin values rising, so it mostly evens out. But its still going to effect RX more if they are to be believed.

Back