Acer Aspire 5739G Problems Please Help :(

Gulkor

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, Everyone

I have a Acer Aspire 5739G My buddy give it to me, he said it just turned off and he tried to turn it on and the screen was black on him. so i have been trying to figure what is wrong with it for the past few days, and i have ran out of idea's.

Hopefully you guys can help me

what i have tried

I have taken it apart, i cleaned it there was not much dust, so it could not of overheated. the stock paste was not dried up, but i put some as5 on, i will put better on after i figure out what it is,

Nothing is brunt, not brunt smell, no damage to any part's i spent about 3 hours looks at the board and gpu

The computer turn's on, i can turn it on and off using the power button, the HDD light/caps/num light come on,i can hear the HDD start up, but the screen is black

I have tried pressing the caps/num locks and they wont light up. but it will turn on and off no problem.

after leaving it on for about 20 minutes the gpu/cpu is warm and there is warm air coming from the back of the vent.

So its the gpu or the board i belive. but i could be wrong also. thats why i am asking here. i am not to good with laptops.

Update

i have spent hours looking on google and i think i have found a answer, from my understanding. it might be from a bad bios or corrupt bios, and a blind bios flash would fix the problem maybe.

I have no idea how it would become bad or become a corrupt bios.

Thanks for your time and your help
Gulkor

Did you try out the laptop on an external monitor?

Try it with the lid closed and the lid open.

What are the full specs of the machine?

sorry i forgot to list them,

Intel T6600 2.2/2mb/800
Intel PM 45
4gb ddr3 1066
Nvidia 130M GT
WD Blue 320gb 5.4k 8mb sata
15'6 1366x768 i think it is

yes i did try it with my 24" samsung and still the same thing it did not change.

I tried with the lid open and tried to open and close it and it did not change a thing still the same.

Pretty good specs.

If you tried it with the lid closed...

I have to agree with you. I think its the GPU or board.

Lets try something though. Try it with 1 stick of ram only. Then try the other stick.

i did try that to, i tried both slots and both sticks 1 at a time as well.

but i kinda wanna try the blind bios flash. because i was reading and this seems to be quiet common is the bios some how goes bad on the acer laptops and netbooks and you can do a blind flash and it will fix it.i am not %100 sure but i have nothing to lose lol. and i have no idea where i will find a board for this.

there is a 26 page thread on this bios problem and most of it is about the acer laptop bios problems

would the gpu make the laptop lock up like that?

If the GPU was defective, then yes.

Try calling acer support. Maybe there is some sort of recall going on with that laptop.

what if it overheated? because i know when i looked up the model of this acer alot of people had alot of problems with the 130m gt. if thats what it is i will just go on ebay or just see if i cant get here on the forums

Back