Absolute best "Korean" WQHD model/seller...~$450 to spend!

JoeUser

2[H]4U
OK...after a long lasting, deeply throbbing headache from looking at monitor after monitor after monitor after monitor after monitor I've decided that, for the price, these Korean made QHD panels are the way to go in just about every way possible! 2560x1440, S-IPS, 27in., and cheap! SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER TO ME!!!

My only question is...where should I get one? Who can be trusted? I have about $450 to spend SHIPPED and would LIKE to spend less if possible. All I require is pixel perfect, no back light bleed, and no AG coating (saw it for the first time with the PA248Q I just returned and uhhh no).

A nice stand (tilt, rotate, pivot) would be nice too if possible.

So...where do I get it and how much should I pay? I see plenty on eBay now for like $300...but I'm sure they are more likely to have problems.

Any help would be appreciated...this headache is getting annoying...never have I spent so much time and effort into researching something for my PC to still have no clue what to do!

seems to be a new thread like this one every week...
I'm kinda in the same boat as you at the moment. I wanted to get a higher end Dell or HP monitor but they seem to have more issues then the Korean monitors at the moment. Word on the street is wait until October or November which is when the new shipment LG Panels arrive and will likely be shipped out around that time.

From my bit of digging ta_planet seems to be one of the better sellers with low hassle returns.

Here's a thread that will likely help more then I can alone:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1715896

Let us know what you go with and what you think about the monitor when you get it too :cool:

seems to be a new thread like this one every week...
I'm kinda in the same boat as you at the moment. I wanted to get a higher end Dell or HP monitor but they seem to have more issues then the Korean monitors at the moment. Word on the street is wait until October or November which is when the new shipment LG Panels arrive and will likely be shipped out around that time.

From my bit of digging ta_planet seems to be one of the better sellers with low hassle returns.

Here's a thread that will likely help more then I can alone:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1715896

Let us know what you go with and what you think about the monitor when you get it too :cool:

I just ordered one of those Catleap 2b extreme overclock monitors from 120hz.net and it should be here tuesday. I'll let you guys know how it all worked out when it arrives. cost me $555.00 shipped.

See...$555 is a tad too much honestly. Have $450 in hand to spend and honestly, to me that's a new 2nd SSD and video card upgrade so I feel that's enough for a monitor.

Overlord has some nice ones (supposedly pixel perfect) for a good price. Shitty stands though, was really looking for at least height adjustment (so I can see it with my steering wheel in the way).

However, once you start looking at height adjustment you get into the $500+ range. Even the Nixeus Vue has jumped up to $499.99 on Amazon...

Hmmm...it seems deciding on the right Korean 1440p monitor is just as strenuous as deciding which monitor to go with in general.

See...$555 is a tad too much honestly. Have $450 in hand to spend and honestly, to me that's a new 2nd SSD and video card upgrade so I feel that's enough for a monitor.

Overlord has some nice ones (supposedly pixel perfect) for a good price. Shitty stands though, was really looking for at least height adjustment (so I can see it with my steering wheel in the way).

However, once you start looking at height adjustment you get into the $500+ range. Even the Nixeus Vue has jumped up to $499.99 on Amazon...

Hmmm...it seems deciding on the right Korean 1440p monitor is just as strenuous as deciding which monitor to go with in general.

Yeah, but hes also getting a custom pcb that oc's to 135hz, vs the now detuned pcb....

I wouldn't trust a "Pixel Perfect" with this shipment over the normal offerings at this point, Septembers batch seemed to have plenty of problems.

I'm personally waiting around too..... If I do buy it will probably be through ta_planet or bigclothcraft, from my understanding they're all about the same, dream_seller seems very shady though.

Their pixel checks are a joke just to get more money.
People have paid extra and still received LCDs with stuck pixels.

If you buy one of these 27" Korean LCDs off ebay, you're taking a risk.
That's the bottom line.

Their pixel checks are a joke just to get more money.
People have paid extra and still received LCDs with stuck pixels.

If you buy one of these 27" Korean LCDs off ebay, you're taking a risk.
That's the bottom line.

I think the best one is Red Cap's lol 50cm away! Because you're totally going to be able to see anything.....

The only thing I could get out of green-sum was, "no dead or stuck pixels." Nothing about the metrics they use to determine that.

Just had a RL Buddy of mine order this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACHIEVA-Shi...4184?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ab90f1888

The shipper opens and tests each unit for dead pixels before shipping. His came with a piece of paper in it notifying him of the test. His monitor is 100% perfect. He is in heaven!

He only checks for dead/ stuck pixels on the "Pixel Perfect" models, read his engrish statement closely.

Hes opening them all up because that's how bad this last batch is.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't recall the seller (not , but one is offeringg 100%, zero dead pixels in his pixel perfect ones. He is the only one I know who explicitly says "zero/none" dead pixels on pixel perfect ones.

The base model Catleaps and Shimians have an above average track record when it comes to dead/stuck pixels and backlight bleed. Purchase a $280-$290 Catleap or Shimian from an established seller and call it a day because the odds are very much in your favor.

They are all glossy btw, no AG, but the tempered glass version is slightly more reflective with a chance of dust specks, so avoid the tempered glass.

Use your savings to buy a different stand, as halodude mentioned above.

Back