About to preorder our BF3 server.

Yes, I know nothing about buying servers, donating, reserved slots, etc.; anywhere to read up on this?

Some game servers will have a a few reserved slots that can only be used by users that have reserve slot access.
Example, if the server has 64 slots and 5 special reserved slots and there are 59 players on the server, leaving 5 slots available, if you are not on the reserve list then you can't join the server.

I am not 100% sure how it works if the server is full and a reserve player wants to join though.

I'm missing something here. I clicked the donations link in the first post and it took me to another thread, that basically says you can donate at paypal, but I click that link and it's just a picture, doesn't take me anywhere.

What am I missing?

The link on the op is to the donation thread. You click on donate and it will take you to a paypal page for [H]ardgaming. If it doesn't work, try refreshing.

It's just an image link, doesn't actually go anywhere on that other thread.

EDIT: I have images disabled by default to make my work surfing extra safe. It appears to be completely cutting out the associated code with the paypal image. I've gotten it to work now, but maybe an actual link as well would be good for those browsing with images off.

Small donation sent. I'll keep donating as long as I'm using it.

I had $8.39 in my Paypal account. It's all your now! I'll donate more when I'm not poor (or I quit doing crap to my car).

I care more about a quality server with good players and good teamwork than a reserved slot. Eventually if I donate enough that you feel I'm worthy I wouldn't mind one though!

Thanks for your order with us! I'm sure you will not be disappointed :)

If were not disappointed you can see more servers from us in the future. :)

I had $8.39 in my Paypal account. It's all your now! I'll donate more when I'm not poor (or I quit doing crap to my car).

I care more about a quality server with good players and good teamwork than a reserved slot. Eventually if I donate enough that you feel I'm worthy I wouldn't mind one though!

Hey, Anything helps, Thanks for the donation. :)

Hmm you guys have me thinking about canceling my gameservers preorder and going with End of Reality

Up here in Calgary, Alberta. I'm pinging around 50ms to chi.eoreality.net and about 30 to sea.eoreality.net

I'm curious what ping I'll actually get in game. If it's around 50 I'd be fine playing on the Chicago server but much more then that and it'd start to suck. (If it's actually ~90-100 in game, blah)

I'll try out the [H] server once the game launches and if my ping isn't terrible I'll donate!

Whoever kicked me from the Server last night shall be slapped!

lol, i was freaking out too. It's a software issue with Punkbuster. Should have been fixed overnight according to the other thread.

Whoever kicked me from the Server last night shall be slapped!

lol, i was freaking out too. It's a software issue with Punkbuster. Should have been fixed overnight according to the other thread.

It's a bug in BF3 install of PB.

Go to PB website. Download latest version, install, select BF3 from the drop down menu, hit update, wait, play, profit.

Back