ABIT is7-e

Ok so i have an ABIT IS7-E motherboard and i need to reset the bios... I dont have any original documentation and i couldnt find it in the manual (maybe im just dumb and missed it) but can someone tell me how to reset the bios? Thanks

No prob. There's a three pin header right to the right of the battery (bottom right of the mobo). There should be a yellow jumper covering pins 1 and 2. Turn the comp off. Pull out the plug. Pop the battery out. Take the jumper from pins 1 and 2 and pop it onto pins 2 and 3. Wait about 30 secs. Replace the jumper onto the original pins. Put everything back together and enjoy.

pigpen said:
No prob. There's a three pin header right to the right of the battery (bottom right of the mobo). There should be a yellow jumper covering pins 1 and 2. Turn the comp off. Pull out the plug. Pop the battery out. Take the jumper from pins 1 and 2 and pop it onto pins 2 and 3. Wait about 30 secs. Replace the jumper onto the original pins. Put everything back together and enjoy.
Theres a problem.. I dont see a yellow jumper. My pins also arent numbered. You sure your talkin about IS7-E? I also dont see how to get the battery out...

to the right of the DIMM slots, to the immediate left of the floppy connector and above the AUXFAN1 connector, there is a set of jumpers labled CCMOS1. move the jumper to the other position (pins 2-3), leave for about 5 seconds, replace to origional position( pins 1-2). i have done that a million times and it always works, i can get you a picture if you like :)

lithium726 said:
to the right of the DIMM slots, to the immediate left of the floppy connector and above the AUXFAN1 connector, there is a set of jumpers labled CCMOS1. move the jumper to the other position (pins 2-3), leave for about 5 seconds, replace to origional position( pins 1-2). i have done that a million times and it always works, i can get you a picture if you like :)
yea picture is good. I would like that. Gawd i havent touched a computer's insides in 6 months and i alreayd forgot everything

IS7-E-Boardrevised.jpg

there ya go :)

unplug pc, pop out battery, wait 15 seconds and then pop battery back in... I have no idea why people do the jumper thing when the battery is easier/more fail-safe.

i always found the jumper to be much easier to do than the battery, it only takes a second - i dont see how its more "fail-safe" either since the jumper is effectivly cutting off the power the BIOS chip.

lithium726 said:
i always found the jumper to be much easier to do than the battery, it only takes a second - i dont see how its more "fail-safe" either since the jumper is effectivly cutting off the power the BIOS chip.
hey THANKS A BUNCH. You saved me a lot of time trying to remember how to do it!

The instructions say to do both, pop the battery and move the jumper. I guess i never though about it, but you would only need to do one.

To the original poster, i was looking at an Is7-E2. sorry.

Back