A8v

dtac7

n00b
I can't get my new system to work. I get constant iexplorer.exe errors, blue screens and reboots.

A8V Delux
1 gig Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5
Baracuda 200gig drive
BFG 6800 GT OC
530watt fortron psu
Windows XP

Please help.

Hi mate, I have the same specs as you, I am using corsair matched pair of 512's and get the same issues as you. I remove 1 simm and runs sweet?? maybe a bios update is needed.

will keep u posted. My icq is 65322367

Evo :(

I am stable now after working on it all weekend. <Knock on wood!!!>
This is what I did.

Flashed latest bios from ASUS website.
Bumped the ram to 2.8volts. 2:1 ratio with the CPU.

Dont know if this order matters, but this is exactly what I did in order.
Installed Windows XP. Fresh format of hard drive.
Installed onboard network drivers from ASUS CD.
Got internet working. Installed Windows SP2 and all updates.
Installed VIA 4 in 1 drivers. The drivers from VIA website not the CD.
Installed VIA SATA RAID drivers from CD.
Installed Promise drivers from CD.
Installed AMD 64 drivers from website.
Installed Audio drivers from ASUS website.
Then last I installed Video card drivers. Forceware 66.70.

Let me know how you are doing.

Well I am using an AV8 and had issues with 2x512 corsair 3200ll running in dual channel, problem fixed with new 107 bios update :), get it

http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A8V Deluxe&Type=All

Ran prime95 12 hrs with no issues

System includes:

AMD64 3500
ASUS AV8 Delux
Twin XMS 512x2 3200ll
Sparkle 6800 GT 256 MB
2 x 80GB sata WD 7200
LITE-ON 16x DVD
PIONEER DVR-108 16x DVD/r
ANTEC 550watt ATX TRUE POWER
Thermaltake Xaser V6000 ALUMINIUM
SAMSUNG 19inch 910T

Cheers Ev

I still have problems with prime95.

In the Bios did you set your memory to auto or limit? Did you change any voltages?

I have this mobo with a +3500 @ 2.55ghz ..but I'm running dual channel OCZ PC4000 stuff on it (10x255 1:1) ... I have everthing set to auto in mem config and I always run my mem at 2.8v ..just an overclockers habit I guess

I have also have had experiences with other boards that enabling the 1T command in memory options cleared up some problems that were memory related or manually setting mem cas to 2

check voltages in bios and see if they read at or above what they are supposed to be

maybe bump voltage up one notch to your cpu ...I have had to do that in the past with some setups (even tho running at stock speeds)

I bumped my cpu voltage to 1.575

Prime95 Torture test runs for 1-2minutes and says hardware failure detected. Rounding was 0.5 expected less than 0.4

first off ..are you having problems with anything else other then running prime? ..

is the corsair pc3200 stuff?
if so , then try running it at cas 2.5 ..if still you get errors , try with just one stick then the other ..if still get errors ..

try running memory at slower then spec speeds ..i.e, 166 instead of at 200

if still get errors , try lowering multiplyer on cpu one notch ..

these are just things to try to see if its memory or cpu causing the errors ..then if your able to determine wich ..then go from there

and if possible , try running the cpu and or memory in another mobo and see if still get errors ..
hopefully you'll find the source of your woes here :(

I dont have any problems doing anything. Just Prime95 bombs out in 1 min.

I have had similar problems with a A8V recently. My coarsair memory autos at 2-2-2-5, but the A64 3000+ has problems handling the aggressive timing. Try relaxing the memory just a bit. I am stable at 2-3-3-6 and prime runs flawlessly.

Good luck!

This weekend I am going to try different timings. Ill let you all know how it turns out.

I am trying to build a new computer but it's not going well.

Asus A8V Delux Athalon 64 S939 REV 2
AMD Athalon 64 3800+ S939
Kingston HYPERX 1024MB Dual Channel kit PC3200 2X512MB
WD Caviar SE 120GB SATA 7200RPM 8.9MS 8MB
ANTEC 550W Power
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
CD RW/DVD Combo
1.44 MB High Density Floppy Drive
Windows XP home-SP2
BFG 6800 GT OC AGP Video Card

The computer runs fine with a ATI 9600 pro, but will not work with the BFG, get characters flashing on the screen when BIOS is loading. and graphics is washed out after windows loads, sometimes blue screen, sometimes reboots. Have been in touch with Asus, BFG, Kingston, but so far no answers. Have loaded all the new drivers, bios, etc. I'm starting to think the video card is not compatible....have been told this a number of times.

From what I see here though, I'm encouraged...perhaps it's my memory timing,set as recommended by Kingston 2-2-3-6. Also have a question. Checked my motherboard power with Probe +12 at 10.88, +5 at 4.88, ans +3.3 at 2.88 volts. These numbers seem low to me? Could I have a power supply problem?

Hopefully its not the BFG 6800 GT OC, im getting one, with this mobo, except OCZ pc3200-el 2x512 plat., and a 3200+ s939....*crosses fingers*

This is how Corsair told me to set up my ram..

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200C2

Advanced/Jumper Free

AI over clocking: Manual

CPU Freq: 250

DRAM Clock: 320 MHz

(this will set a 5:4 ratio)

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.75 Volts

System performance: Standard

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5T AMD Platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

Memory Acceleration Mode: Auto

All other settings should be set to default settings!

I had absolutly no issues with mine, it worked perfect out of the box. Are you guys using XMS PC3200LL Corsair on some other version?

Back